❄️ 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟎 ❄️

Your POV

Loud noises seemed to be coming from outside. I stood up ever so slightly still trying to recover from the lack of sleep. I made my way over to the slightly broken window and looked outside.

I spotted a 5 meter Titan wondering around waiting for it's prey. I clenched my fist wondering what to do.

"Damn it! Do I risk it and use my gas or not!?" I whispered angrily to myself.

I decided to leave the Titan alone to not draw any unwanted attention. One wrong move and I could be dead.

I sat back down. My back pressed against the cold wall. A soft sigh escaped my lips. "I wonder how Levi's doing..." I then realised what I had just said. Why am I thinking about that cadet? He's nothing to me!

I gripped my necklace slightly remembering the painful memories. The flames engulfing the houses, burning people alive. Titans roaming around after their prey. It surely was a day of hell. Everything replayed in my head.

I joined the survey corps to use my powers to save lives. However this power is a curse. If I use it for too long or become extremely angry I lose control. Luckily it's never happened before because I'm so careful with showing my emotions. The training that the higher ups put me through is to monitor my power to see if I have it under control.

Keeping my power under control is my main focus when on the front lines. If I make a wrong decision then it will cost my life. That's the rules and I intend to stick by them.

I will protect humanity.

Even if I die doing it.

Hanji's POV

It's been a day now and (F/N) still hasn't returned. We have a feeling that she may have gotten herself into trouble.

"Erwin let me go and see if she's alright! You know I'll be okay if I take Levi and Moblit!" I said bluntly. Trying to make him change his mind.

"No means no Hanji. I cannot allow you to go outside the walls with two people. The expedition has been put on hold because of her disappearance. If I didn't know what she's capable of doing I wouldn't have ranked her second in command" I gritted my teeth in anger.

"Not only is she out comrade she's our friend. If you were her friend Erwin you would let me go and get her" My brows has furrowed in anger as I turned on my heel storming out of his office. I made my way down to my office as I passed (F/N)'s. I slowed down my pace to see that the door was open.

"What? She wouldn't leave her office door open without locking it..." I stopped walking all together and opened the door a bit more. I slowly  into the cool office keeping my guard up. As I finally got in I saw a body laying on the floor. I analyse the person. Raven coloured hair. Short figure.

"Levi!" I shouted rushing over to his side. I placed a hand on his head to see if he had an illness. His body temperature seemed to be normal. I looked over to see a cup of tea on the desk. It was knocked off with the liquid pouring out. I sniffed the liquid and my eyes widened. A sleeping antidote...

He must've drank it whilst being in her office. I quickly picked him up slinging his arm over my shoulder. I have to get him to the infirmary.

———————————————————

After some checks my theory was correct. Levi was purposely put to sleep. But who would do it?

"Erwin I need to get (F/N) back now. We don't have time!" I said trying to let me go. His eyes remained on Levi who was currently in a deep slumber.

"Fine, however Miké and Moblit are going with you. It's too much of a risk sending you out on your own" I looked outside to see that it was still early in the morning. I quickly ran to my office grabbing my gear then gathered Miké and Moblit up.

Once we were all geared up we got into our horses and made our way to the gate. Soon enough we finally convinced the guard to let us through under Commander Erwin's command. We wasted no time before running out into Titan territory but knowing what was around the corner.