Chapter 23 Meeting Mummy

Start from the beginning

This was all it took to break my facade. 

"Mum! How could I have just disappeared? I didn't even know of you... or remember you until just now... This honestly isn't fair!!" I cried out and stamped my foot like a child having a temper-tantrum.

Marnie walked over to me and grasped my shoulders firmly. She gazed into my eyes and said "I know you will be ok and you will get through this - Just as you have gotten through the last twenty-odd years without me. But I wanted to gaze my eyes upon you one more time and possibly give you a hug?" she asked me.

I simply nodded my head, rendered mute by the situation. It felt like a ten-tonne rock was lodged in my throat and in trying to blink away the tears, to commit every moment of this brief union to memory, my eyeballs felt as though they were burning. 

My mother held me in an embrace and whispered the words every daughter wants to hear if you've been separated for some time. 

It wasn't until I started wheezing, choking, and coughing up water that Mum pulled back and said "Why are you all wet?"

Amid a rough coughing fit, I spat out "I fell asleep in the bath... I must have finally fallen under the water. I need to wake up. Now!"

I could sense Marnie's panic moreso than feel it. Mentally, I called out to Ody - using my connection - and sent him an image of me, asleep under the water.

I reached out and gave my Mum one, final, back-breaking hug. "I love you, Mum. I hope you get to keep an eye on me." *Cough, Gag, Spit* "I hope I mature to be even half as elegant as you," *Gag, Spit, Cough*

And with that, I woke up to Ody giving me mouth-to-mouth, and a servant or hotel worker giving me CPR...?

Phew! That was close.

Ody's POV

I had already ordered Sonia's food and was packing up her stuff so we could teleport to our sleeping location when I was slammed with intense pressure in my brain, so-much-so my vision was cut off, again. All of a sudden, I got an image of Sonia drowning in the bathtub! Underwater, unconscious, and not breathing by the look of it. "How am I supposed to help her with no fucking vision?" I thought to myself.

I felt my way over to the phone that came with the room, somehow managing to kick each and every piece of furniture in the room with my shins. As soon as I picked up the phone, a receptionist answered!! "Hello!" I barked angrily "I need someone to help me, ASAP. I'm the rep from Bubble Corp and I need a man to come up and help me with moving furniture. It's urgent."

"Not a problem sir, someone will be there in less than two minutes. Is there anything else I can do?" she continued on.

"No!" I barked back at her stupid question.