Chapter 1. Meeting Peter

Let's start this journey, by the bank of the Yarra River, in South Melbourne, Australia.

It's a glorious spring day! The sun is shining, there is a slight breeze which keeps the day cool enough, and plenty of shade surrounding the Yarra River.

As he strolls along the footpath, he notices there are a large number of people just sitting and talking, and others eating their lunches together.

He notices that no one pays him any mind as he walks along.
With his tall physique, broad shoulders, shaved head, wide bright blue eyes, and numerous tattoos, he certainly stood out to her...

"To who?" he questioned.
This text turned up on Sonia's phone without her ever touching the touchscreen.

"Uhm... me?" I both type and say out loud. Almost shocked to my very core that the main, buff character in my story could understand and recognise what I was typing.

"And who is me?" he questioned again.
Again, the text turning up, with no extra touching.

"Uhm, no one important. Feel free to continue on your day. No need to even worry about me." I typed back.

"I wasn't worried. Should I be? I am now! Who are you?!" he demanded.
The text on Sonia's phone expressing his concern clearly and concisely.

I shrug, honestly shocked he could hear my narrative. "Erm... My name is Sonia. Can the people you're walking past not hear you speaking to me?" I questioned him, by typing furiously into my phone.

He paused walking, and looked around to the people on the banks of the river, and realised not one of them had paid him an iota of attention.

"No. Funnily enough, they all seem completely engrossed in what they are doing. And Sonia? Nice to hear your voice! I'm Peter. Pete to my friends. Your voice is lovely! So throaty and sexy! I just love it!"

This chunk of text arrived, and it made me blush. "He thinks my voice is sexy!" I thought to myself. And I blushed further.

"Indeed I do. You do realise, everything you type I can hear? And I mean everything. But it's cute. Tell me about yourself. I want to get to know you a little." his text arrived on my screen.

I contemplated what to tell him when a question shot to the forefront of my mind.
"How can you hear what I am thinking?" I almost shrieked.

His laugh could almost be heard through his next lot of text that arrived on my phone.
"I don't know darlin', this is your creation, your world, your design. Maybe you need to answer that question. Haha. I am looking forward to hearing your deep down and dirty thoughts on me though!"

I paused as I both read and digested what he was saying.

"Eep, PG 13 thoughts Sonia," I thought to myself.

"ROTFLMFAO!" was the next text to arrive on my screen.

I pouted. "Are you laughing at me?" I had to ask him. "I don't like being made fun of."

"Nooooo! I'm laughing with you!" The text appeared.

"But I'm not laughing?" I grumbled.

"Naw, don't get upset... I was joking! Just stirring the pot! Don't take me too seriously! I'm a 'Do-what-I-can-to-make-a-girl-smile' kinda guy. I'm sorry Sonia."

I read that text and couldn't help but smile. Both inwardly, and a huge fat grin on my face.

"Ok Peter, you're forgiven. This time. Just don't do it again."

Peter chuckles out loud, and wipes his brow with an accentuated "phew!"

A/N

Hi Everyone!
I just wanted to see how this would work.
Lol.
With thanks to TimberWoolf for the idea!!!!

Sonia Rose🥀