CH. 21 Going to Nine Hells

Ody's POV

Beelzebub's words kept circling and spinning through my head. 

Those demons had nabbed Sonia and flashed out of the Executive Suite with her before I could even untwirl my brain. How did Bubby know whether or not Sonia was human? Was he solely a distraction?

"Come to think of it, Sonia did mention having seen - or was it meet - Bubby in Peter and Pearl's Portal Dimension?" Ody thought to himself, "This is starting to seem like a setup!"

Ody flashed out of the hotel and down to hell where portions of his family still resided - with his ex-step-mother. Upon entering hell, some alarm siren went off in the realm he landed in. The demons there had always been kind, and he had always offered his protection in return for food and drinks when he was passing through.

Within seconds, he was surrounded by demons who lived within the town, but they were all armed with weapons. Weapons that held obsidian gems within their tips. The only gemstone that is known within the history of both realms - to be able to kill a demon. Not only that, but absorb the essence of that demon to make the weapon stronger. 

"Who goes there?" One of the front 'Guards' hollered at me.

"It's me, Asmodeus - Prince of the Realm of Nine Hells! Who are you?!" I sneered in return.

All of the men who made up the rear of his pack of guards had obviously heard of me and within seconds, their weapons were shaking in their hands, and knees were trembling in their armor. The five odd men at the front (who had yet to make my acquaintance) immediately started forward and trying to poke me with their weapons. I flashed to the rear of the crowd and whispered the ones who recognised me "What's all this about boys? I thought we were good and had an arrangement! Do I need to stop spending my money here?" I queried.

Immediately, the 'Head honcho' of the town leaned over to whisper back "The royals have been either killed or kidnapped. Beelzebub is working with them, to avoid being locked up and if we - as townships - do not wish to be consumed, we must help! And five at a minimum of those wankers have been sent to every township, you know, in case we grow a back-bone."

My rage levels only rose throughout being given this information, and still, I know I can't 'shoot the messenger', he could only take his anger out on those who were deserving. The five cocky ones from the front had caught up to me by this stage, and so I made my body language look as though I was resigned. I whispered to the one who gave me information... "Pssst! You, capture me. No one else!" He looked completely and utterly bereft until he saw my face. 

I winked at him. 

He called out to the guards "I've caught him!" and I almost couldn't hold in my laugh.

The front guard, who had been brandishing his weapon at me walked right up to me, toe-to-toe, and then went to look me in the eye... only I was much too tall for him to do so!

I however looked down my nose at him and said "The king had better still be alive. If I find out some bullshit plan is afoot, involving my EX-Step-Monster, I'm telling you now, that bug will be dead in my hands before you can blink. Now, where is my family, and Sonia?"

All of sudden, the guard looked a little green, and not so keen to be standing toe-to-toe with me.