Chapter 4

Gulf what are we gonna do with The Prince?Boat inquired.
I have no idea, one thing I am sure about is we can't leave him here, so let's take him with us for now, once back home we will see what we can do.
Mean while the Prince hadn't moved an inch from where he had been sitting, not a word spoken. Gulf moved closer towards the Prince.

He placed his one hand on the Prince's shoulder, " What happened cannot be reversed unless you go back to time, which is nearly impossible, only option left for you is to move on and live in the present". Gulf spoke as soft as he could, he was never a sweet talker. But he knew this time he needed to be careful with his words.

The Prince continued to remain silent. Gulf felt sorry for the man. The once mighty Prince now sat kneeling on the ground, he was no more the arrogant Prince he met a few minutes ago. Gulf could only see a hopeless ,lost young man and a devasted father. He was just a poorly broken soul.

He kneeled in front of the Prince and pulled him into an embrace, the Prince never resisted neither did he hug back. Gulf knew the latter needed a shoulder to cry on. He gently patted his back in an attempt to console the prince.
"Gulf we need to be back in the camp before other's return from the village. We can't let people find him in this dress". Mild said.
" Sir, what would we say to others when they ask? "Bright asked.
Win just tell everyone that you didn't go far, but you fainted on the way and about the Prince  we will think about it later, anyway we are leaving tomorrow evening, said Mild.

The six men left the cave after taking few things from the cave in their backpack. The Prince followed them silently. This was new for him, he was never used to being lead by someone. In the past it was always him who lead, he was taught that he was born to lead and rule. He didn't know how would he be able to accept this change, he couldn't bring himself to live a life where he had no power, no familiar faces and more importantly he couldn't think about living a life as a refugee at the mercy of someone. How he wished his father would have let him die, rather than letting him to wake up to such a mess.

Gulf brought the Prince to his tent, to their luck the camp site was empty as others haven't returned yet.
" What is your name? " Asked Gulf.
"No one shall call me by my name. "
"Huh... If no one can call you by your name, then why do you have a name in the first place. Isn't the whole point in giving a person a name is to be addressed? "
The Prince glared at Gulf. " You shall address me as The Prince".
Gulf sighed in frustration. " Listen Mr Prince I can't call you that because you are not one now."
What do you mean by I am not. How dare you say that, don't test my patience, there was no King or warrior who could match my strength.

"Did you forget that you had been asleep for more than thousand years. If you go on telling people that you are a Prince they would either think you are crazy or you are a monster. In both cases you would either end up in a psychiatric hospital or you would be put inside a glass box in formalin.So it would be better you listen to me and not the other way round." Gulf raised his voice in anger.

The Prince stood still just like a little boy scolded by his father. Gulf felt guilty for letting his anger take control.
" I am sorry,...I shouldn't have spoken like that,but you should accept that the world has changed with time, the faster you can the better it would be."
Mew ... My name ....
The Prince spoke after a few seconds of silence. Gulf smiled at him.
"See was that difficult to say? I am Gulf Kanawut. Well let's keep the introduction for some other time as we have something important to do. We need to get you changed into something modern.
I need to take a bath first.
"Oh... Sorry that didn't cross my mind."

"This is all we have here, at home we have a more spacious bathroom. I have already told you how to use a shower, I would be standing outside the door any help you need just call me."
Mew stood under the shower, his mind wandered to Gulf's words. I am no longer the Prince, then who am I , do I belong here?
He thought about his old days, he always had people at his beck and call, he just had to give orders. Despite being the Prince he wasn't independent, in fact he was in dependent.

"Hey.... What is taking you so long do you need any help? " Gulf heard the the lock opening, but the Prince never came out.
"Ok... I am coming in.."
The young professor was captivated, inside stood a half naked Prince with a towel around his waist. But what caught his attention was the uncertianity on
Mew's face. " What is wrong, why don't you wear the shirt? "
Mew chose to remain silent, but then Gulf had almost figured it out, he had a vage idea about how the Prince's life was.

" Come on put your hands through the sleeves,.. Yes that's it, you are really a spoiled Prince. Now wear that shorts and give me the towel.
Mew obeyed without any hesitation, he followed the young man back into the tent. He knew he was in no place to resist, but he didn't like it when Gulf said he was spoiled he wasn't a kid, he was a grown up man who have a kid. Once again thoughts about his son made his heart ache, what did Niran do to deserve this he was just a boy. Those moments he shared with his little Prince were now just memories, and they sneaked out of his eyes and rolled down his cheeks.

Gulf took it to himself to dry the Prince's hair. He knew he was used to be attended by servants and it needs time for him to adjust into his new surroundings.
He sensed that Mew was crying. It was at that moment that Gulf realised how vulnerable was the Prince, he felt a strong desire to protect him, to wipe away those tears. Gulf found himself in Mew, he had gone through this exact feeling few years before, lonely and foresaken.

"Mew... I know we can never replace what you had lost.. I can understand how you feel now...
No you can't..... You are not a father...Do you know how it feels to be alive when your only son is dead... I had never asked for this life... All I wanted was to be the King my people looked onto, be the father Niran wanted me to be.... To teach him, see him learn and grow and succeed. Which father wouldn't want those.... Didn't  I deserve it.... Why was all those snatched away from me.
Why... My boy had to suffer my illfate.. He lost his father despite me being alive... Why...

Gulf wasn't surprised by the outburst, he knew this would come out sooner or later.
" You are not wrong... Yes no father or son should ever go through what you and your son had to. May be it's not just your illfate, it might have been his too.
I am not a father, but when I said I know how you feel I meant it.
I have raised Win since he was ten, every time he scored high marks,every time he won any prize, the day he conquered his fears I felt proud. Similarly every time he fell sick or injured himself or every time he hid himself in the cupboard because of his fears about which he refused to tell me, my heart ached.
Mew sometimes relationship are also formed by heart and not just by blood.
When we get back to city I promise to find something about your son from the library, I am sure there would be stories about his victories just like you always wanted and also he would have grown into an attractive man just like his father".

Gulf's words manged to soothe Mew's heart little.
I hope things were like how you said. I hope he was happy even though I couldn't be with him. With or without me all I need is him to be safe, successful and happy. I hope it was just like that for him.... Thank you Gulf.

Phi Gulf.. Can I come in?
" Of course Win you can".
Here I just came to give you and the Prince dinner.
" Win come closer. Are you hurt anywhere. I know you were frightened today and you scared me too. "
I am sorry phi...
Win hugged Gulf tight.
" It's alright, it's no one's mistake. Phi is sorry... I came late.. But I am happy you are fine"

Mew silently witnessed the scene. Gulf's words became clearer now. He knew that boy was special for Gulf just like how Niran is for him.
" Don't feel sad we are with you Prince . I will take you everyone once we return home. Good night phi.. Good night Prince."

Win don't call him that, call him Phi Mew. You can't go on calling him Prince in front of others.
" But he is the Prince. Phi... You don't get to see a Prince everyday. "
No... Win you will see him everyday, he isn't going anywhere. Now go sleep, you really had a hard day.

With that Win left the two men alone.
While for Gulf  this was most peaceful sleep he had in the past four years where as for Mew, something about Gulf and Win bothered him.
Just like others Mew found it difficult to believe Gulf and Win weren't related. They were so similar yet different.But the boy's innocence soothed his heart.Mew felt he was still a kid.
His mind agreed with Kiara.. Gulf was a pure soul.. In fact he had the purest soul just like someone he knew, someone whom he called his, who broke the promise to stay together forever and left him with his little boy, his only love.

I wouldn't be able to update like before I have my exams coming up. But I will try my best to update when possible. Hope you like this chapter. 💞💞💞