I wasn't sure if he was a mind reader, but he always knew which songs I would know. Everytime we rode together, the volume ended up being at max and we were always singing at the top of our lungs.

After a few upbeat songs, a slower song came on that I didn't know. It was pretty and I liked hearing him sing along, but the words were what struck me to my core. I knew music was really important to him, so it was hard to figure out if it was just a song that he liked or if he really felt how the lyrics were describing.

[song: the author - Luz]

I decided not to think much of it considering how I'd been feeling recently. I knew I liked him, but I also knew that I couldn't let him know.

------

"Hey Charlotte!" Mitch called as Harry and I walked into the garage. "It's a nice surprise seeing you here," he laughed and my head instantly spun toward Harry.

"You said everyone wanted me here," I said sternly, reminding him of our conversation on the phone earlier in the day. "Did you even tell them I was coming?" I asked. He turned to the rest of the band.

"Hey, doesn't everyone like having Charlotte here?" He asked, and I knew the answer to my question.

Sitting in on their practice was actually a lot of fun, although I would never admit that to Harry. I was still mad about him dragging me along without telling anyone. I knew they didn't mind, they asked for a lot of my feedback and they said they appreciated having another opinion, but I could have killed him for not even warning them.

That's just how Harry was, though. He was so impulsive, but it was in the best way. I felt a bit special being there with them, even though all I could contribute was my opinion. It was nice to hear them play and I loved hearing Harry sing. Sarah was a total badass on the drums and Mitch really knew his way around a guitar.

It was also nice to hang out with them without the comfort of having Isabel around, because it gave me a chance to get to know them all. Plus I got to hear their entire setlist before the show.

After they were done, we all decided to go to Jimmy's for dinner and Isabel met us there. She couldn't believe that Harry had asked me to go with him, saying that he's never brought someone with him before.

"Aw, are you jealous? I promise you're still my bestest friend," I laughed as she swatted my arm.

"I am not jealous! I'm actually happy for you, Charlie. I'm glad you have someone other than me," she responded, getting a bit emotional.

"God, you sound like a mom sending her kid off to kindergarten," I quipped and we both laughed.

Dinner was a lot of fun, it was always fun to hang out with the entire group. I was actually starting to embrace being friends with them and it felt nice to be accepted.

Mitch and Sarah were such a cute couple, and so were Adam and Isabel. Seeing them all together made me think about how right it felt to be with Harry. We were the only ones not in a relationship, and we were so right for each other.

However, thinking about how nice it would be made me think of how bad things could end, shifting my mood while everyone was still having a good time. I hated how I always found a way to look at the bad side of things, but I knew it was what kept me safe. I just wished I had better timing.

I was still in a bad mood on the way, and I knew Harry could tell. His usual loud, upbeat music was replaced with soft, slow ballads.

"Are you okay?" He asked quietly, and I turned to look at him.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I'm just tired," I responded, hoping he wouldn't ask me any more questions.

"Are you sure? If it's about the other night, I'm sorry-"

"You don't have to keep apologizing, it wasn't a big deal," I reassured him. He didn't do anything wrong. The problem was me.

"I know, I just don't want you to be upset with me." His voice was still quiet as we pulled up to my apartment. I felt horrible for making him feel like he was making me upset, but I couldn't tell him the truth.

"Harry," I said, looking into his eyes. "I could never be upset with you. Honestly, I'm just tired. See you tomorrow?" I spoke quietly, hoping to calm him.

"Just tell me when, you know I'll come over," he responded, warming my heart, yet breaking it at the same time.

------

A bit of a depressing chapter, but I promise things will look up soon! I'm excited for the next chapter because I love writing chapters where they play shows :)

Thanks so much for reading, I appreciate it so much! I'm also almost to 100 reads to keep voting and commenting!! It means the world to me :')