Chapter 10

Chapter 10
Missing

It's been a long time since I started being used to the environment here. I've felt tired, sad, homesick, and even hungry for my parents' hug sometimes, but I've always said to myself, I need this and I have to do this. And now, isang oras na lang ay lilipad na ang spaceship na nasa launch complex.

I've never felt this lonely before, no one's here but the staff and I. Wala pa sina mommy, daddy, at si Prolin kahit na kagabi pa dapat sila nakadating dito.

This is the hardest part. Going to leave knowing I don't know what will be there for me. Matagal ko nang hinintay to. Pero this time that I'm already here, I don't know what to feel.

"Where are they?" tumayo ako nang makita si Miss Daisy na naglalakad papalapit sa'kin at hawak hawak ang isang malaking spacesuit na susuotin ko mamaya.

She raised her eyebrows looking so confused.

"Where is my family?" after I asked that question to Miss Daisy, I saw Prolin running, entering the launch complex. "Oh, my gosh! Prolin!" I sat down a little and opened my arms to catch her.

Nang nakalapit na siya sa'kin ay 'di ko mapigilang yakapin siya nang mahigpit. "I've missed you, li'l sis." tumayo ako at binuhat siya. I also saw mom and dad entering the launch complex. I wonder why Kelly is assisting them.

"Mom!" Prolin waved at them.

Minutes passed by, nagkwentuhan lang kami nina mom and dad. Prolin is just so cute as usual. Binitawan ko na rin siya dahil hindi ako pwedeng magpagod bago mag-proceed sa biyahe. Dumarami na rin ang mga taong manonood sa paglipad ng spaceship. There are even media and cameraman over the complex.

"It seems like I have a celebrity daughter, ha." Dad patted my hair. I smiled at him, nervously.

I don't have any idea what's there waiting for me.

"I am feeling nervous, tell me, nak, kaya mo 'yon 'di ba?" mom is smiling but the nervousness she feels is so obvious.

I tried to say something, but Kelly already said words that convinced my mom. "She can do it, po. She really is the quickest-learner I've ever met."

Mom sighed as a sign of relief, "Oh, thank God."

A robotic voice of a man is announcing my departure. Introducing the spaceship, the staff, and lastly, the person going outer space—me.

They all looked at me as Miss Daisy and Coln helped me to wear the spacesuit. A spacesuit that will be with me for so long. In front of us is an extraordinary vehicle that is far from the usual airplane I ride as I travel the world.

I glanced at Coln beside me who will be going to assist me to the spaceship. "Thank you." I said and smiled at him.

And for the rarest time in my life, he smiled back. "Have a safe journey." he even said with joy. He seems to be happy for me.

He is not the usual Coln who is extremely serious. Sana ganito rin siya pagbalik ko.

I leaned at Kelly who is now holding Prolin and they are waving at me as I walk up inside the vehicle. I can feel the good luck screams of everyone. The flashes of the cameras and the sound of a man announcing my farewell—this is so surreal.

Earlier, reporters even interviewed me for a short period of time.

This looks like a dream to me that I may not wish to be awake again.

Tuluyan na nga akong nakapasok sa loob ng spaceship, suot-suot ang matimbang na spacesuit na nakasanayan ko na ring isuot dahil sa ilang buwan kong pagt-training.
-