Ch. 21 - Popcorn

"Where are you going?" Jimin eyed Jin from head to foot. Jin is already ready at 5:00. Not wanting Jungkook to scold him again.

"Boyfriend Kookoo said we will watch a movie," Jin answered looking as excited as ever.

Jimin paused for a while, trying to absorb what he just heard. "Jungkook asked you to watch a movie? Are you sure?"

Jin nodded. "Yes. And you know what? He gets my phone and returned it to Teacher Yoongi."

Jimin looked taken aback by what Jin just told him. "Wait. Phone? What phone?"

"Teacher Yoongi told me that I should have a phone so I can contact Kookoo in case I needed to wait for him again. But Kookoo told me that he should be the one to buy me a phone. But, he just realized it because Teacher Yoongi bought me one. And I think KooKoo doesn't like Teacher Yoongi."

Jimin laughed pulling Jin towards the stairs to Jin's bedroom. He knew that, indeed, Jungkook is not fond of Yoongi. He just didn't expect that until now, Jungkook is still holding that indifference.

"Don't mind him, I'm pretty sure he will buy you a new phone," Jimin made Jin sit on the bed while he rummaged Jin's closet. It seemed as if he knew exactly what he's looking for as he was the one who bought all of Jin's clothes. Well, using Jungkook's money, of course.

Jimin put the clothes he chose on the bed and instructed Jin to change in which Jin obeyed. Jimin smiled looking satisfied at Jin's new outfit. "Better! Now come here, sit," Jimin tapped the chair in front of the vanity mirror.

Jimin stared at Jin who is confused. "I know this may sound offensive but, do you know the word boyfriend? Not a friend who is a boy, but you know, have you ever think of having a boyfriend back there on the island?"

Jin stared back at Jimin through the mirror while the latter started putting powder on his face. "I once envy my friend Hoseok for having a boyfriend. They were so sweet and always together. And Hoseok told me that they were having sex by the shore and it was amazing. I told myself that I want a boyfriend too. But Joonie told me that I was too young for that. Then I saw Hoseok cried when the boy left him so I got scared. I don't want my heart to be broken like Hoseok and end up crying."

Jimin laughed at how naive Jin is. "Jin, it's okay to experience heartbreak because that's how you learn to make your next relationship better. And there's no relationship without a heartbreak, may it be a small or big heartbreak, somewhere in the relationship, one of you will hurt the other, intentional or not. That's how it works."

"It's complicated," Jin commented.

"It is but you'll get the hang of it as you go along. What's important is you enjoyed it and learned from it. Life and love is a continuous process of learning," Jimin started to curl Jin's hair with a curling iron while explaining. "We're being too deep. So what do you think of Jungkook?"

Jin thinks for a while then a smile formed on his face. Jimin caught it and chuckled. "What's with the smile? Do you like him?"

Jin nodded making Jimin laughed. "He is handsome. He is nice sometimes. And I like it when he smiles. His eyes and nose will crinkle. But he can be scary too. He always scolds me even if I'm not doing anything."

Jimin leaned down and dabbed some lip balm on Jin's lips. "He's a bit grumpy at times but yes you're right. He can be nice if he wants to. And let me tell you, I am surprised that he asked you to watch a movie because he rarely does that with people he's not familiar with. I am the one always asking him to watch a movie.

And since you're Jungkook's boyfriend, you should always look good and presentable. Jeon Jungkook isn't just your ordinary guy and being his boyfriend is a big deal. I don't know exactly why but people here can be nosy. They will make this date like it's a date of the century. They can be stressful.