Ch. 28 - Spoiler

The whole dinner was mostly quiet with Jimin and Taehyung looking at each other and occasionally starting a conversation to clear the air or lighten the situation. Obviously, Jungkook wasn't happy about what happened.

Before riding the car, Jimin grabbed Jungkook's wrist and gave him a warning look. "It's Jin's birthday. Please be considerate and don't scream at him."

Jungkook smirked and rolled his eyes before hopping in his car. Jin was already seated beside him and looking at Jungkook with worried eyes. Jimin knocked on the window and Jungkook pressed a button to open it.

"Jin, honey, happy birthday again. I hope you like our surprise for you," Jimin smiled as he held Jin's hand.

Jin nodded. "I like it! Thank you. See you again soon Minnie."

"See you soon. And good luck with your exams tomorrow."

Jungkook rolled the window up again after Jimin bid his goodbye.

Jin kept on side-eyeing Jungkook on the way home while playing with the petals of the bouquet he's holding. Jungkook's eyes were fixed on the road. He knew that Jungkook was mad. Though he wasn't sure why but he noticed the exchange of angry stares between Jungkook and Namjoon.

As soon as they arrived home, Jin walked fast behind Jungkook trying to keep up. "Kookoo... I'm sorry."

Jungkook stopped causing Jin to stop and step backward. Jungkook turned around to face Jin.

"I'm sorry. I know I made you angry. I'm--"

Jungkook took the flowers from Jin and placed them on the table before he pulled Jin into his arms, and kissed him on his forehead. "It's okay. Don't say sorry. I'm not mad at you,"

Jin looked up with his puppy eyes and stared at Jungkook. "You're not?"

Jungkook nodded and smiled at Jin. A tight-lipped smile. "It's okay. But I hope you won't do that again."

Jin pouted wondering what he should not do. "What should I not do?"

Jungkook sighed. From the very first time they met, he always thought that Jin always cast a spell on him. He couldn't stay angry for long especially when Jin gave him puppy eyes or pouty lips. He already asked Jin to leave but he ended up looking for him. He always wondered how Jin could do that.

"Jin listen. I don't like you being touchy with anyone apart from me. I guess you already knew that the public loves prying on my private life and they always take pictures of me or talk about me--"

"Yes, you are popular. I don't even know why they keep on taking pictures of you or following you. I don't understand why everyone seems to know you," Jin said cutting Jungkook out.

"Well, I know I keep on bragging about it but I hate it too. And I'm sorry to tell you but everyone knows you too."

"Me?" Jin's high-pitched voice made Jungkook chuckled.

"Unfortunately. So I don't want you hugging anyone or letting them kiss you. Is that clear?"

Jin pouted. He still couldn't get the reason why he should limit himself from hugging Namjoon. "But Namjoon is my friend. We always hug each other when we're still on the island."

"And you're not on that island anymore. Being here in Seoul is a lot different. People will not ask you if the one you're hugging is your friend. They don't care. They love clicks, views, and attention more than the truth. Stop explaining and just listen. Okay?"

Jin let out a deep breath.

"Seokjin?"

Jin finally nodded. "Okay. I'm sorry for not being careful. I remember that it was written on the paper I signed. I thought friends are exempted."