Ch. 20 - Surprise!

Jungkook has been phasing back and forth the driveway holding his phone and a power bank. It's already half past 7 and Jin is still not at home.

He just got home. His phone went dead on his way to Jin's school. His father arrived in the office just in time he's about to leave to pick up Jin. He wasn't able to go as he was to the board members of the company and was congratulated for his upcoming 'wedding' that his father announced days ago.

He arrived at the school around 6 and Jin wasn't there. He tried to enter the school but the school is already closed. For god's sake, it's already half past 6 when he got there. Frustrated as ever, he didn't know where Jin went or what happened to him. He went home right away hoping that Jin rode a taxi and arrived safely only to find out that's there's no Jin at home yet.

As soon as he opened his phone, several messages came. Mostly from his mom and Jimin. But he wasn't able to open them as a car stopped at the front entrance.

Jin hopped out with a big cheek smile on his face. He's about to rush out but Yoongi went out of the car handing Jin two paper bags.

"Thank you, Teacher Yoongi. I enjoyed the night!" He heard Jin said in his usual bubbly voice and waving the bags. "Thank you again for this."

"Welcome. Don't forget what I told you, okay?"

Jin nodded and waved at his teacher. Yoongi noticed Jungkook at the driveway and waved at him in which Jungkook didn't acknowledge.

As soon as the car droves off, Jin enters the gate smiling wide at Jungkook whose face is in a frown.

"Hello, Boyfriend Kookoo! I bought--"

"Where have you been?!" Jungkook barked making Jin startled.

"I... I ate ice cream with Teacher Yoongi," Jin answered then showed Jungkook a pink paper bag. "I bought ice--"

"What did I tell you?"

Jin froze in place. He put down the bag and the smile on his face disappeared. "To wait for you."

"And what did you do?"

Jin looked at Jungkook confused. Jimin told him to go home and that he will be the one to inform Jungkook. "But I waited for you for two hours."

"I'm not asking you how long you waited. I'm asking you what did you do?"

Jin frowned and looked down. "I went with Teacher."

Jungkook grunted. A chuckle of mockery escaped his lips. He can't believe how easy for Jin to say such things. "Listen. If I told you to wait you should wait. I don't fuck-- stop butting in non-sense -- I don't fucking care how long! I asked you before you left if you understood and you said yes and yet, you disobey me. I don't know if you're intentionally wanting to annoy me or you have a fish brain. I went there, worrying about what the fuck happened to you. I am panicking if someone abducted you or... Look!

From day 1, you're already annoying the shit out of me. I hate and regret that I allowed Jimin to navigate everything. Because you're a complete failure. What if people saw you? They all know we are getting married and you're out there flirting with your teacher?"

"I'm not--"

"Shut up!"

Jungkook's voice made Jin jump in place.

"People don't care about the truth. They only care about what they saw. That's exactly what happened to why we are stuck with each other now. It's not only you who will get into trouble once someone took a picture of you with your god damn teacher. It's both of us and my father will surely flip if that happens. So get your ass together and fix your attitude!"