Chapter 15

"I've looked through all your work and I'm really impressed. Not only were you guys brilliant, I could tell that you had fun making the video. And that is what school is about," Miss Lovato said.

"School isn't just about education and social status. School is about learning and what's the harm in making learning fun? If learning is fun, everyone would come to school willingly and they'd pay attention more in class."

"Who cares if you're Queen Bee of the school or if you're the school's Badass chick or the Quiet student? Who the hell cares? This project not only brought two unlikely people together," Miss Lovato said as she looked at Camila, then at Lauren, who had moved two seats so that she was beside Camila, "But the project also opens up the mind because possibilities are endless."

"And that is where imagination comes in," she said. Camila understood why Miss Lovato made the entire class do the project. She indirectly thought the class to expand their mindset, to make them more open minded and that would help them when writing essays. Camila had to admit that Miss Lovato was some kind of genius.

~

After class, the students walked up one by one to receive their grades. Miss Lovato smiled at the two girls as she handed the two a file of their written project. Lauren was surprised that she had gotten an A. Camila looked over and smiled proudly at her girlfriend. The two thanked the teacher before they left for lunch.

~

"My first A in two years," Lauren said. Camila grabbed Lauren by the back of her neck as she gave her a kiss on her cheek.

"I'm so proud of you, Lolo," Camila said.

Lauren blushed at the nickname, "Thanks, Cabello."

"You know, you should really stop calling me by my last name," Camila said. Lauren raised her eyebrow as Camila continued, "Don't get me wrong, it's hot and everything but you don't have to put up a front for me, babe," she said.

"How about Camz? Everyone calls you Mila so I want to be different," Lauren said.

"That's perfect," Camila said as she reached down and held Lauren's hand as she interlace their fingers together. Lauren smiled as they headed for lunch.

~

"You guys are so cute that I might throw up," Dinah said as she sat down with them.

"Hello to you too, Dinah," Lauren said.

"So what's next for you two?"

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, what happens now? Are you two official or are you like not labeling it?"

"Well, she's mine and only mine, so what do you think?" Lauren asked sarcastically.

"What she means is... Yes, we are official," Camila said.

"YES! As Captain of the Camren ship, I'd like to say I told you so," Dinah said to Camila, "You know, since I, well.. Told you so," she added.

Lauren and Camila laughed, "What's Camren?" Camila asked.

"Our ship name. It's CAM from Camila and REN from Lauren. Thus Camren," Lauren said.

"L + C = Camren," Dinah said.

"Are you going to stay out of trouble, Lauren?" Dinah asked.

"I make no promises," Lauren said. Just as she did, Camila punched Lauren's arm lightly.

"Ow, dude," Lauren said as she rubbed her arm.

"Oh shut up! I didn't hit you that hard!"

"Now we know who's the aggressive one," Lauren said as she looked away. Camila's jaw dropped as she hit Lauren repeated.