"Get out, Lauren, I don't wanna talk to you."

"Let me in."

"No!" Alma says, wiping her eyes and not understanding why it's so hars for people to just leave her alone.

"Baby." Lauren says in a sigh. "I won't force you to talk. I just wanna be there for you, okay?"

Alma waits a few seconds, trying to decide whether she wants this or not, but she watches Lauren's shoes and she would love for her to just hold her right now. So she stands up, opens the door and jumps in Lauren's arms.

"I'm sorry." Alma whispers, and Lauren strokes her back.

"You're okay. I know you don't want to but you should talk about it and it's okay if it's not to me. What you will tell her will never be heard by anyone else other than her, okay? It's the law, she can't tell anyone else than your parents if it's really bad. No one else will be involved, I promise."

"But I don't want to talk about it."

"I know you don't, but it'll make you feel better. This is the first step to a recovery."

"Recovery of what?"

"Anxiety, anger issues, you know exactly what."

"I don't want to do this today."

"Then don't. Whenever you're ready, baby. Text me when you're home tonight, okay?"

"Okay."

Lauren cups Alma's cheeks and kisses her, then they both walk out, Lauren going back to her now empty classroom and Alma just wandering around the school.

Soon enough, she meets Alisha for lunch and it actually helps her a lot to be with her friend, and she notices how Alisha is trying her best to cheer her up. When there's a little silence between them, Alisha looks at her with a smile.

"Are you okay?" She asks and Alma smiles back, nodding.

"Yeah, I'm good."

"I know you haven't been feeling the best lately, I can tell, and I really like being your friend so you know if you want to talk about anything, just rant to me or if you need advice, you can always come to me. I will never judge you, I'll only try my best to help." Alisha smiles, and Alma looks at her in awe.

"Thank you so much, this means a lot. If you ever need anything, it's the same for me. I'm glad we're friends."

Alisha sticks her hand out and although Alma doesn't really understand that move, she finds it really random and funny, so she shakes it.

She doesn't really know what Alisha was expecting, but since she's giggling she thinks she got it right, and it makes her laugh too.

She really is glad that they're friends, because it's hard to always be alone, especially when the reason you're alone is that everyone hates you.

"I actually love that song!" Alma says, looking at Alisha with wide eyes and a smile.

Alisha's laying on her bed, on her phone and Alma's looking through Alisha's vinyl records to find an album she might like and listen to it while Alisha's playing music on her phone.

Right now, Six Feet Under by Billie Eilish is playing.

"I love Billie Eilish!" Alisha says, and Alma just aggressively nods.

"Girl, same. She's a legend. Ooh, that's nice..." She comments to herself while looking at one of the records.

"How are you boobs so mich bigger than mine?" Alisha complains and Alma laughs.

"How old are you?"

"Sixteen."

"They'll grow, don't worry. Small boobs are nice too! Wait, how does this work?"

"You have to put the record on the thing and put that little thingy away and press the button."

Alma laughs.

"Wow, great explanation. 'The thing ad the other thing'" She mocks her, and Alisha laughs too.

"Just put the record on it! Now move the thing." Alma moves it and Alisha giggles. "No the other way. No, the other way but up! Oh my God aren't you supposed to be a grown ass adult?" Alisha stands up and walks to her. "Move, I'll do it!"

"I know that you wanna but you can't cause you gotta stay cool in the corner when the truth is that you wanna move" Alma sings and dances next to Alisha while the youngest girl puts the records on, and she pushes Alma away with a laugh.

"You're an awful singer." Alisha says, and they both laugh.

Maybe life isn't so bad, after all.