~𝑳𝒐𝒗𝒆 𝒂𝒕 𝑭𝒊𝒓𝒔𝒕 𝑺𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕~

I had just got accepted to play at the Junior Goodwill Games, & I was so happy to find out knowing that I will be able to show the world my all. I loved playing since I was 7 & now I'm 16.

I arrived at the arena after being on a plane for 2 hours & 22 minutes from Texas. The arena turned out to be alot bigger than I expected to be honest.

As I opened the doors to the arena, I felt a fresh cool breeze blow against my face. I loved the feel of cold air. I walked up to a man standing right next to the rink entrance.

"Excuse me sir, are you the coach for the hockey team?"

"Why yes I am. My name is Gordon Bombay, or also known as Coach Bombay. Nice to meet you."

"My name is Y/N L/N. I'm known for playing hockey in Texas. Nice to meet you also sir.", I said as we both shook hands.

"Wanna come meet your new team for this season?", said Bombay.

"I would love to, but I'm a pretty shy person."

"That's okay. There's gonna be new members added to the team also along with you."

I looked to my right & saw 5 other hockey players come towards us.

"All right y'all, let's go meet y'all's new team. L/N go put on your gear in the locker room and come out as soon as you're done. I already put your gear in your locker, which has your last name on it."

"Yes coach."

...

I walked to the locker room & opened my locker. My protective pads were on the top shelf, just my luck. I couldn't reach because I was short. I got on my tippy toes & jumped to try & reach them.

"Need some help there?"

I turned around to see a blonde haired & blue eyed boy. He was pretty cute, not gonna lie.

"Um yeah please.", I chuckled.

He walked behind me & put his hands tight on my waist to pick me up. I felt butterflies in my stomach from that.

"Thanks for helping me out there. Short people problems.", I giggled.

"Nah it's ok. It's pretty cute to be exact. I'm Banks by the way, Adam Banks, but you can call me Banksy."

"Hi Banksy, my name is Y/N, Y/N L/N."

"Nice to meet you.", Banksy said smiling.

"Well we better get back to the rink before Bombay finds us taking forever in here.", I said giggling.

"Good idea.", he laughed.

Adam's POV

After helping Y/N in the locker room, I couldn't really stop staring at her when we were talking. There's something about her that I like, even though we just met. I honestly thought she was cute.

Me & Y/N walked back to the rink. Y/N waited with Bombay at the rink entrance while I went to stand next to Charlie in the middle of the rink with the others.

"What took you so long Adam?"

"I was helping a new girl in the locker room with something."

"What could she possibly need help with?"

"Short people problems."

"Ohhhhh, I get it.", Charlie said chuckling.

Bombay along with the sponsor Mr. Tibbles came over to introduce us to the new recruits. The players skated towards us.

"Tell me about my new kids.", Bombay asked.

...

After Tibbles introduced the ones named Luis, Dwayne, Julie, Ken & Portman, they finally introduced Y/N.

"That's Y/N L/N, as she might have told you already. She's an incredible skater and fast like Luis. She can even do figure skating tricks while hitting the puck."

Y/N demonstrated her trick & everyone, even me, was amazed & impressed.

"Dang she's good, right Adam!"

"Adam?"

I wasn't paying attention to Charlie. I couldn't keep my eyes off of her. She was so talented, beautiful & sweet.

"Adam, are you ok?", Charlie said nudging me.

"Oh uh yeah, I'm fine"

"Adam, do you have a crush on Y/N?", Charlie said smirking.

"I think I might be falling for her. Hopefully one day she'll be mine", I said while gazing at her.