Chapter 4

It was an hour after I had talked to Harry and our theory that our parents didn't die of a car accident boggled my mind.  I was 10 when they died so I just accepted their death and grieved over it.

I heard footsteps and I assumed it was Brian. This time my assumption that it was him was correct.

"Activity time," he bellowed.

You would think activity time was something you would do back in kindergarten. It was really some "bonding" you were supposed to have with the other misfits.

Today's activity was baking. Sometimes we did arts and crafts. I dreaded doing the pointless crafts Putting beads on a string for a long 45 minutes was not my thing.

I entered the dark room that they tried to cover up with scribbles of drawings that some of the misfits drew. You can't make hell turn into heaven but clearly that's what they tried to do. I sat on the stool as  Jasmine put the ingredients in front of me.

Jasmine wasn't that bad. She wasn't mean or rude like the rest of the workers at this place. I've seen many come and go in my time and Jasmine was the nicest. 

Then,  a image popped in my head like a firecracker in the night sky. It was the image of him.

My blue eyes were hungrily searching for him. All of a sudden his tall figure strolled in and his prominent jawline and the furrow on his forehead scared everyone. They were intimidated by him but I wasn't I was smiling. A huge grin was plastered on my face as he sat down on the stool next to me.

"Mavis" he said a smile creeping up on his lips.

"Hey Harry," I smiled.

We talked for a good ten minutes before we actually started baking. None of us were actually allowed to touch the ovens. So we couldn't really do too much. Also,  any sharp objects were off limits.

As I was pouring in the dry ingredients I felt a wet substance soaking my hair. I knew it was him that ass.

"Harry you little bastard!" I yelled at him.

He smirked while laughing at the egg shell that was disturbed in my hair. I was done mixing the ingredients together after a couple minutes. Instead of actually baking with it I did something else.

"Harry watch out!" I yelled trying not to burst out in laughter.

He turned to me, his smile illuminating his face. I threw a scoop of the cookie dough at his face which hit his forehead.

He sighed at the wet feeling of the mix on his head. "Nice try Mavis," he chuckled swiping a finger over the dough caught in his curls.

He forcefully took the bowl from my grasp and threw the dough all over my face.

The 40 year old lady running the activity was clearly pissed at us but we couldn't care less. Finally, I was having a enjoyment out of these activities and I could tell Harry was enjoying it too.

The lesson ended with each of us walking out with 3 cookies to devour. As I took a bite of them my mouth started to water. The unfamiliar taste of chocolate confused my taste buds. I hadn't had a flavorful food in years. As we walked out of the room both of our guards practically dragged us away from each other. The farther away we were from each other the less I could see of him. Our gazes still connected with each other even though we kept getting farther apart. When I entered my cell I heard a slight clicking noise. It sounded like the lock but I ignored it.

My face was still covered in cookie dough by the time I returned to my cell. I turned to wipe it off but a subtle sound of feet was inching closer to my cell. 

"Not so fast," the voice whispered. It was still pretty dark so I couldn't find who the voice belonged too.

The person's bright eyes immulated my cell and then the low voice spoke again "Mavis, your door is unlocked love." I tried it even though I was oblivious to who was speaking.

The cold metal bars pushed open like the voice said.

As the person got closer I saw the guy's hair. His hair was soft and curly. It was Harry.

"How in the world did do you get my cell unlocked!" I spurted at Harry. I wasn't mad at him I was just worried for his safety. "I did a few tricks," he laughed.
Harry's POV

When I was walking back from baking with Mavis my guard Rob had to leave by the order if Mrs.  Brunswick. He thought he had locked my cell but he didn't because he had go. With a swift push the metal bars creaked open. His key had been dropped when he was going to lock my door. I snatched up his key and waited until he was out of sight. I crept over a few cells down to Mavis' cell.  I unlocked her door before she arrived back at her cell. When she arrived I could see the cookie dough still covering her pale face.
Mavis' POV

In the dark it was hard to see things so I felt and heard most things. Hands were being wrapped around my body grasping a hold of my waist. His hot breath breathing over my neck. At this point I was inches away from him. His nose brushed mine making me weak in the knees. I had never been in a relationship before so this was something new for me.

The soreness from the chains, my back ache, and the rest of my stress that was eating me alive disappeared. Everything was washed out of my mind as we laid here together. With a quick swipe of his tongue he licked the dough off of my cheek.

"Delicious," he commented as he swiped some with his finger. He smudged the batter over my lips.

His lips grazed across mine slowly releasing a slight moan from my lips. "You've been kissed before?" he asked probably figuring that I had.

"No," I stuttered.

"Well I'll be your first, Mavis. I'll take care of you," he cooed.

He pressed his lips against mine while lightly tracing circles across my back. I gripped his curly hair tightly as his lips softly touched mine. His hands pulled my hips closer deepening the kiss.

We were so lost in the moment we were both panting for breath.  He pulled away while looking into my eyes. "I've got to get going love," he whispered.

"It was amazing. I just don't want us to get caught," he added.

So after all of that I was left in the dark of my cell  pondering over my thoughts. All I could think of was our kiss. It left me breathless.

I hoped in my heart that wasn't my last intimate encounter with him. I felt something with him. Something about him was irreplaceable and I just couldn't put my finger on it.