Chapter 27

"We are the Misfits and we will win."

Everyone joined in agreeing that we would make it out of The Misfits House. Together we would make the impossible, possible.

Suddenly, the voices dropped and everyone started to hide behind each other. Now nobody was cheering and the room was silent as a graveyard which was what we were to them. We were dead. We were nothing to them but we had fight back.

"Oh look we've hit the jackpot, boys." a women cackled as she marveled at the hundreds of misfits laid out right in front of her.

They immediately did what I told them not to do. They showed they were scared and fearful. This showed the Regulars that they were in control.

"We can't live like this anymore, Mrs. Brunswick.We just can't. I can't" I pleaded.

"All of you are just disgusting things. Even Mavis who isn't even a misfit. You don't even have powers."

"What? You are such a liar." I screamed in anger as I clenched my fists.

"You heard me right. You don't have powers. Now if we could please just get back to what we were here for," she said in annoyance.

I almost dropped to the floor as she told me. I was a misfit. My parents were too.

"Look Mavis. It's okay. I'll still love you even if you aren't one. You don't have to have powers to make me smile. Now let's show them what we got, " Harry whispered trying to calm me down. I swear his voice worked every time. He was so reassuring and his voice still made my heart melt because of how slow it was.

Harry held on to my hand as we raced down the platform.

People were screaming and yelling as the tall guards locked them up from behind.

"Remember who you are, Misfits. Don't let them win. Remember that you are the stronger one. You have the power," I chanted trying to eliminate the fear from everyone's eyes.

Suddenly, ice covered a guard head to toe which froze him to death.

Who was the person responsible for this?

As I searched for the brave soul who shot the frost a girl tapped me on my foot.

"It is was me," she exclaimed proudly.

"You wanna see?" she questioned snatching my hand.

Her hands turned blue and they shook until a stream of ice flew from her finger tips.

It was her. The Mavis mini.

She started something extraordinary. Now that she showed no fear everyone followed her lead.

Flames of fire engulfed the mass of guards and vines of trees wrapped around them squeezing them to death.

Then, a noise halted the fight. A noise that could scare millions, a gunshot.

I raced around the room trying to find the person who had been hurt.

"It's Harry," a voice yelped.

No, not him. Anyone but him.

"Keep on fighting everyone. Do it for Harry," I screamed tears streaming down my face.

I had promised myself not to cry but that was just inevitable.

He was still conscious luckily.

I couldn't bear to glance but I did.

I did it for him, I did it for Harry.

"Mavis. I want you to know something." he whispered his voice cracking a bit.