Chapter 13

Quick A/N- I would like to thank iiris- because she's so funny and she comments on my story.Basically, if you comment on my work you win. Unless you are giving me food. You can win that way also. Thanks for over 2.5k reads, everyone! :)

Running into the Madhouse, the last place I wanted to be.

After all, it's the hell that landed on earth.

But this was the only place where I wouldn't be found.

Nobody would assume I'd want to go there again.

They were right.

I didn't want to go back but it was better than being seperated from him again.

As we approached the entrance, Harry tightly grasped my hand each of us scared of the dangers on the other side.

It was like a whole new dimension each of the worlds get worse.

  We crept over the mountain of shattered red glass each one of us being extremely cautious.

The last time I was in here there wasn't glass everywhere.

Someone probably got a hold of glass and that resulted in a unfortunate result.

The glass had red stains which immediately caused me to think Blood.
Each step Harry and I took was even  scarier than the last and blood stained glass was just the start.

June lead us through the winding dark hallways. We followed quickly behind her until she stopped.

She came to a halt and then ran as she stared at the figure that towered over her. The man had a unusual trait about him.

Red eyes blinked rapidly at us as we backed away from him.

The figure emerged from the hidden darkness.

Red patches shined and pulsated rapidly.

It reminded of what happened to Harry and Alice.

Harry's transformation wasn't finished so the drug had worn off.

He was still more aggressive than usual but that was the only side effect.

This man however was transformed completely.

He changed between characters quite profusely.

At one moment he was a normal teenager but at another he was a demon.

Suddenly, a scorching, hot pain stung my cheek.

He lunged for my neck but fell short as Harry pulled me away.

I gripped his hand and sprinted away.

I felt like we were running at lightning speed as we ran away from the demonic man.

Our hearts raced and sweat beat down our foreheads as we sprinted down the winding hallways.

Then, I heard a voice, a familar one.

"Mavis?" the voice whispered.

It was Alex.

Then, when I reached in for a hug his eyes turned red and his skin immediately heated up like an oven.

He was the demonic man that chased us.

Tears spilled out of my eyes as I managed to comprehend what had happened to him.

Even through his eyes were piercing red I could see his pain.

I could see the old Alex in him.

The sweet caring  Alex that I loved.

Part of me wanted to help him but deep inside of me I knew it was to late for any help.

And that killed me but Harry and I had to save ourselves no matter how much it hurt.

Harry pulled my hand as I took one last look at my cousin, Alex Richards.

"Is it okay if  we sleep here for the night?" he asked pointing towards thr empty cell.

I nodded in response too shocked to respond with real words.

We laid on the cold cement floor. each of us embraced in each others warmth.

His toned arms wrapped around my waist pulling me close.

I felt safe in his arms no matter how dangerous the world outside the cell was.

Once I was out of his hold I was vunerrable.

Out in open, I could die at any moment.

Everyone thinks that death isn't going to happen to them soon.

In fact, death can happen at any given time.

They just don't know when they'll take their last breath.

Whether it's today or in a couple decades one day it's going to happen. Nobody is invincible forever, unfortunately.

"Mavis?" a voice interrupted.

"Yes, Harry," I responded my voice quiet and slow.

"I'm so sorry for this mess," he apologized tears forming in his eyes.

Harry never cried in front of me which I was glad about.

Seeing him sad was one of the worst feelings in my life.

It broke my heart seeing him like this.

"It's okay, Harry. At least we are together," I replied as we cuddled in the empty cell.

"One day we'll get out of this mess. One day it'll just be me and you in the beautiful part of the world. No stress, just us together enjoying life," he sighed.

"I hope that'll happen one day too," I responded with a sigh as I laid my head against his shoulder.

I hoped too that one day we would get out together. Not just one of us would make it out but both of us because without each other our lives would suck.

We were team "Havis" and nothing stopped our team from being seperated.
Nothing. Not even Mrs. Brunswick.