O34

•°•☆ 𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚍 𝙿𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚘𝚗 ☆•°•

Kocho Shinobu was burying herself into deep thoughts again. Apparently, Aoi and the other helpers advised her to stay in bed until later to make sure she gets the rest her body needs.

Aside from the fact that Aoi was also intimidating, she knew she needed to oblige.

Well, Shinobu has been straining herself for the past few days. It's nothing to be shocked about if even Aoi gets annoyed to the highest point.

"Maybe I'll go on a mission later." Shinobu whispered to herself while thinking of whom to invite.

She was in her bedroom again, staring at nothing but the walls and ceiling. Numerous sighs can be heard from her as she got bored more and more.

There was no one to keep her entertained. Aoi was busy and Mitsuri wasn't around for who-knows-what-reason she has.

'She didn't even say hi after punching me.' Shinobu softly laugh after remembering getting knocked out just by a single hit.

The Insect Pillar glanced at her nichirin blade and thought of polishing it only to remember she already did that last time. She also wanted to study more and develop new types poisons, but she didn't want Aoi to worry more.

She feels refreshed and energized already, yet no one in the estate would still let her walk around - talk about being overprotective.

'What now?' Her face crumpled as she lied down on her bed.

She sighed and squinted her eyes twice before she finally decided to go on a mission later. She wants to release the stress her mind was still feeling. Instead of swinging her blade at the estate, she'll sneak out at night later to poison some monsters.

She shrugged shoulders before shifting into another position. Just then, her eyes settled on the mini drawer beside her bed. She stared at it for a moment and started crawling on her bed at a slow pace.

She cautiously reached and pulled one of the drawer compartments before sliding her small hand in and taking something in it. Holding what she took, she swiftly slammed the compartment back and lied down again while facing the ceiling.

Shinobu pursed her lips as soon as she brought the hair ornament she was holding infront of her face.

Staring at it made her remember how angry she felt after knowing that Kanao had to run that errand and buy the ornament she's holding right now.

It was like a long red clip complemented by small flowers and butterflies of different shades. The hair ornament was simple and it wouldn't be noticeable right away if she wears it - it wasn't eye catching.

It was something that would pass her standards; It was from someone who she values.

She stared at it in awe while thinking of when he could have actually started admiring her.

Thoughts like "Was it when we waited for the sunrise together? Was it when he got sick?" came filling her mind as she touched the clip with both hands.

Shinobu's hair still wasn't styled with the usual butterfly ornament she uses. Her hair was still hanging losely and freely which was kinda new to her. She always had her hair fixed neatly.

Without further ado, she found her hands bringing the ornament to her hair and just when she was about to use it, a voice from outside her bedroom spoke making her flinch and slam the ornament on her drawer quickly.

"May I come in?"

Her gaze automatically settled on her bedroom door. Hearing his voice felt like a thousand volts of electricity ran through her veins making her heart beat violently. She started panicking and feeling nervous again.