O3O

•°•☆ 𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚍 𝙿𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚘𝚗 ☆•°•

"What kind of fucking idiot would let an Upper Moon go loose?!" Sanemi was fuming in anger as soon as Tomioka Giyu and Kanroji Mitsuri stepped inside the headquarters.

They left Shinobu at the Butterfly Estate under Aoi's care to make sure she'll be fine after waking up.

"S-Shouldn't w-we all j-just wait f-for Oya–" Mitsuri stuttered and avoided eye contact with anyone in the headquarters when Sanemi moved.

"ANSWER ME, FUCKER!" Sanemi charged towards Giyu and punched his face, "YOU EVEN HARMED KOCHO!"

"That wasn't a flamboyant move, Tomioka." Tengen shook his head.

Giyu still was occupied about the Upper Moon, paying no attention to Sanemi even after getting punched. His nose started bleeding as well as his lower lip.

The Wind Pillar wasn't satisfied and grabbed him by the jaw.

"You should've attacked and killed the Upper Moon the moment you saw him!" Even Obanai was enraged. "What wer–"

"I was the one who knocked Shinobu out!" Mitsuri shut her eyes close while rasing her hand, making Obanai discontinue what he was about to say.

"That doesn't change the fact that an Upper Moon got away." Kyojuro stepped in and had his arms crossed over his chest.

"Poor soul. We must punish those who let demons escape."

"I shouldn't have trusted you with the mission." Sanemi gritted his teeth, tightening his grasp on Giyu's jaw, "You're a fucking nobody."

Giyu remained silent, in deep thought, and anxious. He started rethinking his decisions whether what he did was correct or wrong.

He had no time for protecting himself against Sanemi. All that's flooding his mind right now is the face of the Upper Demon they ran away from.

"Seems like you have a death wish." Sanemi smirked before moving his other hand to Giyu's neck, choking the life out of him.

The Water Pillar snapped back to reality and immediately tried removing Sanemi's hands on his neck. His heart started pumping too fast making his breathing unstable too.

He was gasping heavily for air and all he could see was the raging eyes of the Wind Pillar.

"Knock it out!" Mitsuri kicked Sanemi, making him fly across the headquarters. It was too late to make a stance, his back already hit the wall resulting to a big crack on it.

Clearly, he wasn't expecting anyone to attack him in the middle of making the Water Pillar suffer.

"The fuck, Kanroji?"

"Can't a fucking Shinazugawa like you act his age?" Mitsuri cussed and coldly glared at the latter. She wasn't going to take thing lightly anymore. Her blood instantly boiled at the sight of Giyu almost losing his life after all he did.

Everyone else was silenced and startled. Nobody expected to see Mitsuri fuming in anger like this. There wasn't a single time when they saw her angry as now — she was always calm and was no where near angry.

The aura leaking from her was heavy and intimidating that even Gyomei was shaken. Her eyes shot daggers as she stood infront of Giyu, protecting him from whatever attack was coming.

"If you're going to take your anger on someone who did something right, might as well do it to me." She sternly said, directly, "I was there too, asshole."

"I can't believe you're taking his side." Sanemi took out his blade as he was disgusted at the sight.

"I can't believe you're letting your emotions take over yourself." Mitsuri drew her blade out too, "Grow up, beating someone who saved Shinobu won't bring Kanae-san back."

"Fu–" Sanemi was about to sprint towards both Pillars when they heard to children speaking.

"Oyakata-sama has arrived."

It was like water that extinguished the fight that was about to happen. Everyone was silenced; everyone stopped in their tracks and behaved like well trained dogs.

Their respect for their Master was, indeed, strong.

The Wind and Love Pillar automatically placed away their nichirin blades before focusing on their Master.

The Pillars sprinted towards their usual positions and bowed down. As soon as Giyu regained his breathing, he did his best to sprint and bow down too.

"I heard you were fighting over an Upper Moon." Ubuyashiki started off as soon as he sat down.

"Apparently, Tomioka let one get away, Oyakata-sama!"

"He didn't even draw his blade. Amazing."

"Kocho and Tomioka were there, yet they didn't strike! They have to face the consequences!"

Lots of rants came from the Pillars, but the Giyu still remained silent. He was unbothered by the words the others were saying, he kept his head low while rethinking everything over and over again.

"If it wasn't for Giyu-san, we probably lost one of the smartest Pillar we have." Mitsuri bowed and close her eyes, hoping things would change. She was praying that nobody would go into any trouble.

"If it wasn't for Tomioka, the Upper Moon was already dead. Kocho wouldn't spare a demon's life." Sanemi retorted, "You know how much anger she feels for the Moons."

"Oyakata-sama..." Mitsuri ignored the wind and looked at Ubuyashiki who remained silent.

The Pillars need the final judgement from him. Whether three pillars would face the consequences of not eliminating a demon.

"Mitsuri is correct." Ubuyashiki finally spoke leaving the Wind Pillar perplexed about his answer.

"Losing Kocho also means losing a chance of winning against the demons. We all know she specializes in poisons lethal to our enemies." He continued, "She's one of the important characters to bring them down."

"Losing her might bring us closer to our fall. Tomioka did the right thing to do in that situation. Hence, nobody will recieve any punishment."

"But Oyakata-sama! They should've tried striking even once!"

"I believe Kocho was alone when she encountered the Upper Moon, yes?" Ubuyashiki spoke,

"Kocho's style of killing isn't like yours, Shinazugawa. She can't decapitate or inject her poison especially when she's in shock – you definitely know what I mean."

After that judgement, the meeting was over. Ubuyashiki returned inside the mansion and contacted the people whom was said to be involved in the plan.

Annoyed and all, Sanemi fled from the scene and took some missions to cool off. He wasn't happy about Ubuyashiki's statements and needed to kill some demons to calm down. Same goes for Iguro and the others.

Mitsuri wasn't feeling fine at the moment and told Giyu that she'll be resting at her Estate for the mean time.

The Water Pillar was left alone and that's when he had the urge to run his way to the Butterfly Estate and check on how Shinobu was doing.

There was nothing else on his mind, just the Insect Pillar.