O16

•°•☆ 𝙺𝚘𝚌𝚑𝚘 𝚂𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚘𝚋𝚞 ☆•°•

"He's sleeping already." Sanemi appeared out of nowhere. I have been staring at the fish pond for a while now after Obanai and the others have arrived.

I gave him a nod before asking him to gather Obanai and Muichiro in the courtyard.

"As you wish, your highness." He bowed and smirked at me before sprinting away.

Let me tell you this, Shinazugawa Sanemi is a weird person and I don't really know why my sister fell madly inlove with him.

In the middle of my thoughts, I felt a figure moving behind me. It was as if it was walking sneakily, trying not to make a sound.

"What is it, Mitsuri?" I asked without even turning to look at her.

"Eh? I thought you weren't going to notice me." She let out a soft laugh before walking towards me. She stood beside me and stared at the pond too.

"I wonder how Tomioka-san's feeling right now." She sighed. "I bet even if he has a fever that high, he'd still look so cool!" She squealed.

I don't know why but my mood instantly dropped.

I looked at her with disbelief in my eyes. Why does she have to adore the Water Pillar that much?

"Do you like Tomioka?" I suddenly blurted out which I thought was a really not nice move.

"Hmm?" Her eyes widened as her eyebrows raised. "Of course, I like everyone!"

I slightly nodded. Maybe I'm just overreacting.

"Do you like Tomioka-san?" She asked me back.

My heart started beating fast for an unknown reason, "Of course not!"

"Whatever you say." She giggled. "

I was about to roll my eyes, which was a thing that I don't usually do, when I recalled what Mitsuri said just now. Never mind that "Tomioka is cool" thingy, he has a fever?

He has a high fever?

I blinked several times before facing the Love Pillar. "He has a what?"

"What?"

"Earlier, you said something."

"A high fever?" She shot me a glance before looking at the pond again. "I think it's because he got cold at the mission. Not sure, though." She shrugged her shoulders.

So that's why he collapsed at the main gate.

I let out a sigh. That should explain it.

Why didn't he have his haori again? Oh yeah, I took it away. What an evil thought.

Few moments later, I heard the chattering and footsteps of people gathering in the courtyard. Turns out that the others decided to tag along.

"Done." Sanemi said as he sprinted beside me and Mitsuri.

"Can someone explain why Tomioka-san is experiencing fever right now?" I massaged my temples as I talk to the pillars gathered in the courtyard.

"Concerned." Sanemi coughed.

I shot him a death glare making him divert his gaze to the pillars instead of me.

"Anyone?" I asked once more.

Obanai raised his hand and spoke up.

"While we were defeating the demons attacking that place, it started raining and it took us some time before completely finishing them." Obanai started off with a really annoyed tone.

"Tokito and I had the chance to run away while the Water Pillar? I'm not sure. We just found him cold already."

The whole place was quiet and Obanai just kept on speaking.

"He didn't have his haori with him. That's the reason why his uniform got wet, making him cold the whole night."

"What now?" He asked.

I was speechless. The feeling of guilt was starting to reach me. I knew that I was the reason why he didn't have his haori with him, but I never knew it would reach to this point.

The Water Pillar had fever because of the rain?

I nodded my head, "That's all I need. Thank you." I bowed before leaving them in the courtyard.

I started doing a run-walk inside the estate, making my way to the treatment area.

Acting like this? This is so not me. I trust my helpers at this estate very much, but here I am, having an unusual feeling.

I am having the urge to see how Tomioka's doing right now. Guess what? That doesn't usually happen!

I was getting closer the area and I'm already starting to hear voices.

"Stop being so stubborn, Tomioka-dono!" I heard the frustrated voice of Aoi from the treatment area. "You really need to eat!"

"No." I heard him groan.

"What?"

"Betsuni." The Water Pillar's line is really back.

"How are you going to recover? If you won't eat, you can not take your medicine!" Aoi was scolding the Water Pillar.

"Tch." I heard him scoff, so I decided to go inside the treatment area as well. He really has an attitude sometimes.

"How is it going, Aoi?" I asked, without even giving Tomioka a glance.

Her eyes sparkled with hope as soon as she saw me. "Perfect timing, Kocho-sama! He's too stubborn." She sighed.

Tomioka was there, lying on the bed. He was wearing an emotionless face. Completely, ignoring what Aoi had just remarked.

"He won't listen to me." Aoi closed her eyes. She just started aiding Tomioka, yet she was already stressed out. "Forgive me." She bowed.

"It's alright." I smiled at her and shifted my gaze towards the Water Pillar.

"Tomioka-san." I started off, "I guess you should start liste-"

"I want Kocho to take care of me." His deep voice echoed in the whole room. "Thank You, Aoi-san. You may leave now."

"You can't order her around. And what was that? You want what?" I forced a smile as I talked to him. Now, I know why Aoi was getting annoyed.

"I said I want you to take care of me." He stared intently at me, straight in the eyes.

He wants what?