O26

•°•☆ 𝙺𝚘𝚌𝚑𝚘 𝚂𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚘𝚋𝚞 ☆•°•

I woke up and it was already afternoon.

Mitsuri and I continued searching for demons to slay after our small conversation. We really made sure that there were no demons around until sunrise.

The reason why I overslept, though this is something unusual. I don't really oversleep even if I stay up late.

Everything was fine - I had my mind cleared before I slept, nothing really bothered me, and I had a peaceful sleep.

I fixed my hair using a butterfly ornament and wore my haori as I prepare going out again. I want to go to the headquarters right away. Oyakata-sama might have some assignments for us, pillars.

I guess I should do those and patiently wait for my tsuguko to return home. Instead of being bothered, I should just do something productive.

I sighed while opening the bedroom door only to be greeted by a pink haired girl.

"Good Afternoon!" Mitsuri beamed as she opened the door a little too wide that it almost hit the wall.

I smiled back at her and stepped out of the bedroom.

"We have a mission later." She chirped and tapped my shoulder.

"Where?" I asked.

"Just in a nearby town."

"Who's coming?"

We were already outside and it wasn't hot anymore. The mighty sun wasn't shining bright as it was already afternoon.

Any minute soon, darkness would be eating up this place which only means that demons, too, would appear.

"You, Giyu, and me." She, again, showed her mischievous smile.

I don't know what she's plotting this time. I just know that it would be something about me and the Water Head.

"No." I blurted.

"Shinobu," She grinned and wrapped her arms around my right arm, "This might be the best night you'll experience."

I pursed my lips to contain the smile that was threatening to show on my face.

"Look," She poked my cheek, "You're bad at hiding your feelings."

"Same with you." I shook my head and smiled at her.

We both sprinted to the Headquarters. The distance between it and the Butterfly Estate wasn't really that huge, so we managed to arrive there immediately.

Muichiro was sitting by the headquarter's balcony, staring at the clouds as usual. He was always behave, but at the same time cold.

Well, he is quiet if you'd compare him to the other pillars like Kyojuro and Tengen. Nothing beats those two.

"It's getting darker." Mitsuri whispered to me while looking at the sky.

I can't believe I slept too long and woke up with the sun setting already. Thinking that I overthinked makes me wanna think not to think anymore.

"Kocho." A hand rested on my head. His scent and voice alone was familiar. There's no way I'd be mistaken, especially in the way he pronounced my last name.

"Don't worry, I'll return in one piece." I turned and smiled at the Wind Pillar who had a worried expression written on his face.

"You better." He nodded before walking past Mitsuri and I. He headed out of the gate immediately.

"I heard he has a mission too." Mitsuri's gaze followed where Sanemi exited, "And we have ours!"

The Love Pillar did nothing but be excited about the mission assigned to her, me, and Tomioka.

Where is he anyways?

I shook my head and tried to forget about those kind of thoughts. I do not like what Mitsuri has in mind ot whatever she'll be suggesting to do tonight.

Just the thought of those makes my cheeks and ears heat up, and even my heart won't stop pounding fastly.

"I am not in love!" I face-palmed and forced a smile to myself.

Mitsuri furrowed her eyebrows and later looked at me with wide eyes. She wore a huge smile on her face as her cheeks started turning red. She cupped both of them before trying to contain a squeal she wanted to let out.

That's when I realized that I said that out loud.

"No! It's not wha-"

"I'm really excited for tonight's mission." She smiled at me before sprinting towards the others.

I let out a heavy breath, releasing the tension that's building up in me. I wish I could face this night with courage and bravery written all over me.

I was about to walk towards the balcony to polish my nichirin blade again when my attention was caught.

My eyes landed on a huge fish pond located adjacent to the balcony where Muichiro was at. It was a pond that was a bit larger that what's in the Butterfly Estate.

There stood a tall figure who was looking down at the fishes swimming.

Just by staring at his back sent thousands of voltages in my body system and I swear I already exploded if I was a bomb. My heart was shaking at the sight.

There he stood, wearing his mismatched haori as always. I took a deep breath to keep calm and serene.

I hope later will turn out well.