O17

•°•☆ 𝙺𝚘𝚌𝚑𝚘 𝚂𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚘𝚋𝚞 ☆•°•

In the end, I was the one who took care of Tomioka. It was my fault anyway. A part of me was sort of guilty and a part of me was kinda happy.

Guilty 'cause I was the reason why he didn't have his haori with him.

Happy 'cause he didn't have any injuries aside from his high fever.

Since he's sick, I think he wouldn't have the energy to annoy or irritate me for the whole day.

I smiled at that thought before bringing out bottles from the mini cabinet.

"Drink this," I held a spoonful of medicine.

All he did was shake his head 'no'. He didn't want to drink his medicine for a reason that I clearly don't know.

"Just how stubborn can you get?" I sighed. "For a person who wants to be taken care of, you're too stubborn."

"For a person who— you're noisy, Kocho." He lazily said as he tried to imitate me.

I was wrong. He still had some annoying energy dwelling inside him.

A small smirk can be visible on his lips as he finds a comfortable position on the bed.

"The great Kocho is taking care of me," He laughed. "I must be honored."

"Nani?" My lips twitched. Is he making fun of me now? This guy really has the guts.

"Betsuni." His face suddenly turned blank.

Is this the effects of his fever? I don't think so. Maybe he's just acting like his old dumb self.  I shook all of my thoughts and still forced him to drink the medicine.

"Don't make it hard for me," I furrowed my eyebrows. "Drink."

I gave him the spoonful of medicine I was holding earlier and I was surprised that he took it.

He stared at the spoon with disgust, "Will I die if I drink this?"

"Are you out of your mind?" I asked him in disbelief. "What are medicines for then?"

He looked at the spoon again, "Smells like cat poop to me."

"What?!"

"Nothing." He inhaled deeply before shoving the medicine in his mouth.

You can clearly see the disgust written all over his face, "I swear I could already see death."

"Stop overreacting." I rolled my eyes and started placing back the medicine inside the cabinet.

By the way, how come Muichiro didn't get sick? I mean, he's also just wearing a demon slayer uniform. Just like Tomioka, he didn't have any haori with him.

"How are you feeling?" I asked.

"I feel like I ate cat poop." He close dhis eyes and lied down on bed.

"What's with you and cat poops?" I shivered at the word 'cat'.

"Betsuni."

I let out a sigh before walking towards the door, "Get some rest, Tomioka-san."

He nodded and that's when I completely went out of the treatment area. This would probably be a nice timing to return his haori back.

As I started finding my way to my bedroom, I noticed a figure lying down on the other treatment area.

"Aoi?" I called out to the girl who was standing beside the patient.

"Ah, Kocho-sama." She bowed, "Tokito-san also got ill though it's not as high as Tomioka-san's fever."

I looked on Muichiro who was staring at the ceiling with a blanck expression on.

"I already gave him the medicines. He shall be fine by tomorrow." Aoi glanced over the Mist Pillar.

"That's good to hear." I was relieved that Muichiro didn't get something like a fever and I was also glad that he was already in the process of healing.

"I'm fine now." Muichiro suddenly stood and sprinted out of the room.

I can already see Aoi's eyebrows furrowing. Pillars really piss her to the maximum level.

"It's fine. Get some rest now." I smiled at her before leaving her. I started heading to my bedroom.

As soon as I got there, I was thankful that Mitsuri wasn't in there. She wasn't doing her braids again infront of the mirror.

I immediately opened the cabinet and grabbed the mismatched haori. I wonder what Tomioka would say once I return this thing from him.

I left the bedroom after doing so and started heading back to the treatment area. I hope Oyakata-sama's appointment with who-ever-person that was would already be finished.

I can't stand having too many children in this estate. If you know what I mean by children.

Just as I was already walking close to the treatment area, I heard gagging. Gagging as I someone was about to vomit.

My eyebrows furrowed as I fastened my pace to the room. I held tight on to the mismatched haori with my right hand.

What was that?

There I saw Tomioka vomitting. Believe me, you wouldn't want to see the water-head vomitting the last thing he ate.

I took a step back and waited for him to finish his business. I really can't handle watching someone do that. I mean, who does?

After the room became silent, I took it as a sign that I can already enter the area. I slowly walked since Tomioka had his back faced at my direction.

My gaze fell on the floor, "Look at the mess you made."

I pinched my nose. The smell was horrible!

"You can always clean it." He rolled and faced me.

I rolled my eyes at him and immediately placed the cloth I was holding on the floor where he vomitted.

I better start cleaning. I sighed before looking for a pail inside the treatment area. I'm sure I had one placed in here.

Meanwhile, I was confused why Tomioka's eyes widened and he was frozen on his spot.

It was as if his eyes would fall out of its sockets.

"Please don't tell me that's my haori you dumped over there." His deep voice echoed in the whole room. He was pointing on the floor.

That's when I realized what kind of cloth I was holding when I entered the treatment area.

I shifted my gaze at the spot where he vomitted and I confirmed what I had used to absorb his mess.

I accidentally used his damn haori!