OO6

•°•☆ 𝙺𝚘𝚌𝚑𝚘 𝚂𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚘𝚋𝚞 ☆•°•

"Shinobu-san! You're up early." Mitsuri chirped as she walked closer to me. "Those are pretty!" She complimented the butterflies that were flying freely in the courtyard.

"They're lovely." I smiled as I, too, admire the butterflies.

Mitsuri looked at me intently like there was something suspicious about me.

"Yes?" I looked at her in the eye while smiling. She, then, squinted her eyes at me.

"You look blooming today." She suddenly smiled and pinched my cheeks. "Perhaps in love?"

"What? That's silly." I cringed at her statement. "You're the one who is in love. Look, Iguro-kun is relaxing on that tree." I pointed a tree where the Serpent Pillar was lying, playing with his snake.

Mitsuri immediately blushed and cupped her cheeks. "Shinobu-san, that's unfair!"

She was all flustered when she took a glace at Iguro and back at me, "I told you already that there's nothing between us!"

"What?" I pretended as if there was nothing I said. She sighed and spoke again.

"Look." She pointed behind me as soon as she recovered from having her cheeks heated up.

I turned to look and there, Tomioka Giyu stood. He was standing beside the fishpond like yesterday.

"He's so cute!" Mitsuri squealed as she clasp both of her hands together, admiring Tomioka. "You must get along with him, Shinobu-san."

Again, I cringed. I smiled at Mitsuri before diverting my gaze back at the man.

Tomioka must've heard our conversation that he was already looking at us. To my surprise, he started walking towards us.

"I'll go somewhere else." Mitsuri giggled as she sprinted away from me.

Tomioka's gaze was locked with mine and I didn't know why I couldn't look away from him. His eyes were mesmerizing.

He was walking slowly. Step by step, he was getting closer and closer.

As soon as he was close enough, I opened my mouth and was about to call his name when he just passed by me and entered the estate.

He passed by me without even stopping by to smile nor greet me.

I smiled to myself. It turned out that it wasn't his intention to go to me.

What an idiot. That really irritated me!

I took a deep breath before going back too, inside the estate.

"Kocho-sama!" A blue-eyed lass with black hair having a parted fringe and twintails called my attention.

"What is it, Aoi?" I smiled at her and fixed the two blue butterfly clips on her hair to keep her twintails in place.

"Kanao-san left a while ago. She said she'll be buying something nearby." She stood up straight, reporting to me.

I nodded and smile at her as a sign of approval. It's actually better to have Kanao roam around, outside the estate. I mean, it's healthy for teens like her, right? She's already sixteen!

Ever since my sister passed away, she locked herself up in the estate and never attempted to go outside. She shut herself, hating the world more and more.

"The Shinazugawa brothers also took a walk. They told me to inform you if ever I cross paths with you." She sighed as a frown form on her face. "I told them to ask consent from you first, but they wouldn't listen."

"My, my, Aoi. You should get some rest." I smiled as I tapped her shoulder. "Let Sanemi and Genya be. They can handle themselves." I smiled at her.

She let out a sigh, "Arigato gozaimasu! I'll get going, Kocho-sama." Aoi bowed before walking past me.

I walked again, heading to the treatment area to check on Tokito since I haven't seen him this day yet. He hasn't gone out of his bed yet, I assume.

I was in the hallway, walking, as my feet take me nearer and nearer to the treatment area. Just as I was about to enter, I came face to face with someone who made my mood change.

We were facing each other at the doorway.

The corners of my lips slightly twitched out of annoyance when I smiled at him.

"Can you move away, Tomioka-san?" I smiled as I spoke to him with the kindest tone I had.

He remained silent, not moving an inch. He just stood there, looking at me.

I sighed before taking a step to the right, thinking that I might pass through.

Unfortunately, no. Tomioka also took a step at the right.

I took a step to the left, he also took a step to the left.

I looked at him while gritting my teeth under the smile I wore.

I took a step back to the right, he also too a step to the right.

This is annoying!

I smiled and looked at him again.

"I could strangle you." I pointed my index finger to myself while smiling at him. "How would you like that?" I smiled while clasping both of my hands together.

"You aren't tall enough." He said and walked past me again, leaving me.

I clenched my fists before breathing in.

He's a complete idiot!

I sighed. "That's why no one likes him." I spoke to myself as I enter the treatment area.