27

"I have never heard an alpha ask to step down."

"Well I need a break." I cross my arms over my chest as I lean back in the office chair situated across from him. I figured this conversation was one I needed to have minus Silas.

"Alphas don't get breaks Milo and you know that."

"Well I met with the goddess and she told me a lot of information that I need to process on my own. I want you and the rest of the family to respect that and to understand that I need some time away. I need to focus on making sure I don't ruin my wolf."

"What's that mean?" He asks while leaning forward and I take a deep breath.

"She didn't give me a clear answer on mom and dad, but she warned me. She warned me that I'm ruining my wolf and risking ruining Silas' wolf." I watch as his whole demeanor changes as the reason behind my desire to leave is fully verbalized. He closes the journal in front of him takes a deep breath.

"So you want to take a few months off from your responsibilities?" He asks and I nod.

"You don't have to agree with this because the goddess is already aware of what I plan on doing. She knows I have no intention of being an Alpha right now and well the two of us are not on good terms right now."

"I'm just supposed to make sense of this? I'm supposed to know what cryptic message you're giving me based on a conversation you had with the goddess?"

"She told me all I needed to hear to make me know I need to go away for a little while. You can disagree, but it will not change anything. I need to go off and I know that will devastate Anna and Austin but I need to go. I can't be here for much longer."

"Milo."

"My wolf is at risk and if my wolf dies than I'll be of no use to this pack. Trust me when I say I need to leave for a little while." I finally snap and stop beating around the bush and he nods firmly.

"Well if you're planning on leaving you'll have to tell your siblings yourself. I have no problem watching them and neither will Hudson, but I can't be the one who break it to them as well." He stands up from his desk and I know that I've created issues for everyone, but that I'm going to solve everything soon enough.

"As for your alpha duties I'll take over with Hudson and we will make it work while you are gone. Any major decisions will be run by you over the phone I guess." He mumbles the later part under his breath and I sigh.

"I'm not trying to make your life harder. I'm not trying to hurt you or this pack either. I just can't focus right now and I don't want to negatively impact anyone or anything."

"I understand, but know that this position doesn't escape you."

"Silas is my mate uncle Logan. Eventually one of us has to give up the title for the other and every day I feel more and more convinced that I don't want this power."

"And with every day that goes by I think you are more and more capable of this power, but I understand. Spend some time with your siblings and break it to them gently."

"I feel horrendous that this is what I'm doing to them but I can't be a parent right now. They can hate me all they want but this is for the best." I stand up and I make my way out of his office before going upstairs to the living room where Silas is sat with Anna.