17

"If everybody could please wrap up their thoughts for the night it would be much appreciated." The voice of an annoyed Alpha speaks up and I nod in agreement.

We've been in this room for hours discussing who will be sending warriors and where exactly they'll be sending them. Normally I would not even be phased by the length of this meeting but I've been unable to think properly knowing that Silas is present in the room and has stood right in front of me.

I need for this meeting to end and I need for it to end now.

"Yes, whatever else we have to discuss can wait until the morning." I stand up from my chair. "Thank you all for your participation and willingness to help each other. You're all excused." I motion to the main double doors and I watch as the swarm of men quickly head towards them. I wait until the last one leaves before turning and looking around for the one person I want.

"I told you I'd come back for you." I hear a whisper in my ear and before I can even turn to face him, he has me in his arms and off the ground. "I also promised you I'd sweep you off your feet." He places me back down and I finally get to look him at him.

"Silas." I reach up to his face where a new scar lies but I'm too distracted by his eyes to ask questions. They're the same eyes I found myself staring at the whole meeting. The eyes I've wanted to stare into for months while desperate for comfort.

"Milo." Gordons voice cuts into my magical moment and I look over to see him and his father looking in confusion.

"Uncle Logan, Gordon." I smile. "This is Silas my mate, the one I told you about." I drop my hand from his cheek before placing it in his grasp.

"Well I will leave you two to catch up, but in the morning I expect a formal introduction. And on behalf of her father, if you hurt her I'll have your hands cut off." He adds with a teasing smile and I feel my emotions starting to build as he and my cousin leave the room.

The second the door shuts Silas wraps his arms around my waist and places me on the table. His hands slide up my sides until they finally get to my face and when they do his lips meet mine.

"I have waited far too long to do that again." He whispers against my lips and I hum in agreement while grabbing at him and pulling his body closer to mine. We continue to fight back and forth for more contact with each other until I hear a loud noise which startles me enough to pull away and look around the empty space.

"We should probably take this somewhere else." I admit while trying to catch my breath and he laughs. "Not like that you dog."

"Sorry for wanting to make up for lost time."

"Speaking of which it's been fourteen months, where have you been?" I ask as I lead us back to my room. "You said you'd make it quick." I remind him while unlocking my door and opening it. "You made me that promise." I look up and he sighs before shutting the door for me.

"Silas what happened?" I take a seat on my bed and he starts to loosen his tie. "When you left you weren't an Alpha."

"And when you left you weren't an Alpha."

"That's because you're father forced me to become one. That's because when I tried leaving he attacked and nobody has seen my father since nor have we seen my mother. It's been fourteen months Silas so cut the crap and tell me what happened to you so I can at least get answers for what happened to one of the three people I care about most."

"Your father was able to flee from my understanding." He kicks off his dress shoes before taking a seat with me. "When he left is when the true fighting started Milo. I needed you out of there and I needed your family out of there before anything could happen."