10

"Dad, listen to me you need to come get me. I'm not saying that because I'm mad, I'm saying it because something isn't right about these people."

Charlie left this morning with Owen and I've stayed in my room since because I don't know what else to do. I don't want to bother Silas because I don't know much about him and I honestly don't think he wants anything to do with me.

"Milo, your mother scoped out this pack. I wouldn't have sent you there if it wasn't clear."

"Dad, he's not my mate and they're lying to me." I spit out the words and I don't regret being blunt. My attitude has every place in this conversation.

"Lying about what?"

"Lying about being some quiet pack who doesn't do anything. They've conquered so many packs and have taken so many people in. On top of that they claim there are witches in their woods and we both know the nearest coven is hours south. Dad I looked at him and my wolf didn't do some flip or shit, he's not my mate. Trust me."

"What other proof do you have that he's not your mate other than not feeling it? It could just be new to you."

"Dad he left me here with his brother. He's not even spending time with me. What type of man leaves his mate after just meeting her?" I question and he goes quiet.

We both know that this man isn't my mate.

"Do you feel in danger? Can you wait it out so you don't seem suspicious?" He becomes more serious and I take a deep breath.

"I don't think they'll hurt me, but it's only a matter of time before they do something. This isn't normal."

"I'm going to give it a few days and then I'm going to express to the Alpha that I want to speak to you in person about a family matter that has occurred since you left. I'm going to come up with your uncles and some extra people and we're gonna get you out of there."

"You promise?"

"I will start another war if I have to kiddo."

"I don't want to die dad, I don't want to die here." I look around this grey room with barely any decorations and my heart feels heavy. This isn't how this trip was meant to go and I hate that I've caused a problem.

"Nobody said anything about you dying Milo. You will not be dying anytime soon and I will promise you that." His voice raises and I try my hardest to stay calm and collected.

"I'll see you soon." I quickly hang up before I get too emotional and I delete any proof of our conversation from my phone.

Nothing about this place feels right and I want nothing more than to run away and back home but I know it won't work. I know I need to wait for my dad to get me himself.

Until then I'll play nice.

"So you're Silas right?" I speak up as I enter the kitchen where the brooding man is sat at the counter. "I'm Milo."

"Nice to meet you." He keeps his head down and focused on his phone so I step closer, but hearing his voice makes me want to know more.

"How much younger are you than Charlie?" I attempt to make small talk and that's when he finally looks up and I see the same eyes I tried to make contact with two night ago when he stepped into my room. They're eyes that feel like comfort, they feel like home. It's like all of a sudden his harsh demeanor drops and I want him closer to me. "Silas." I whisper out his name and he nods back in silence.

"Why didn't you say something before? You knew didn't you?" Stepping closer I place a hand on his face. "Silas answer me, say something."

"Two years older." He finally speaks and I feel my stomach drop at the information. "I'm two years older than Charlie."

"You're my mate." I spit the words out at him as I feel my chest tighten. "It's not your brother it's you." I drop my hands from his face, but he pushes out his chair and grabs onto me.

"You can't be saying things like that Milo." He whispers. "You can't say things like that in this household."

"Be honest with me please." I beg as I feel my heart racing. "Silas."

"You'll be fine, just don't be saying these things." He gives me a soft smile.

"Why is your family trying to convince me that Charlie is my mate? Do they know you're my mate?" I ask and he shakes his head.

"Milo, for your sake and mine please keep this between us."

"So you want me to play along? You want me to act like your brother is my mate?"

"I want you to be safe and to keep the peace for as long as you can."

"My parents can get me out of here." I whisper and he grips onto my wrist. "They will."

"Good, that's what I want. I want you out of here and to go back home." He lets go of me and picks up his phone from the counter.

"You don't want me?" I call after him as he starts to walk away. "What type of bullshit is this? How can you just walk away from me?"

"I want you safe and whatever my father and Charlie are doing isn't gonna keep you safe."

"Can we at least talk Silas?" I feel my heart break as he keeps his back to me. "I won't mention you being my mate, I'll keep my mouth shut, but please don't push me aside."

"I can't talk to you Milo because eventually your parents will come get you and you'll go back to Montana."

"Why can't you just entertain the idea that you'd come back with me?"

"You basically just met me and you want me to leave my family to come to your pack? Milo are you listening to yourself?" He throws his arms up and I put my hands on my hips.

"You're my mate right? You're the man I'm supposed to spend my life with and run my pack with, so why wouldn't I want you. Why would I shove you aside?"

"Do it for me okay? Push me out of your life for a little while until I can make sure everything is alright and that you're not in danger."

"You want me to keep this between us?" I ask and he nods while running his hand through his hair. "Okay, but you need to tell me what your father is doing. Why did he have your brother lie about being my mate?"

"My father wants the power you hold. He wants you on his side because he knows what power you have in this world and he's trying to make it work for him. He had Charlie go to the forum and claim to be your mate, and I guess your family went along with him."

"I want nothing to do with your family Silas. When I leave, you either come with me or you don't. I won't have my father go to war again."

"Like I said Milo, please go. Please go on with your life and I'll eventually come back to you when everything is safe."

—//—
Don't forget to like and comment