17

TALIA'S POV

TALIA'S POV

I woke up in my own bed, alone, for the first time in a very long time.

Even before JJ and I were together, we had sleepovers every night here. In this room. I shook off the queasy feeling and walked downstairs.

"Morning dad." I smiled at him from the island table. He poured his coffee.

"You're up early." He questioned.
"Couldn't sleep." I shrugged.

"John B called today," He said, taking a sip of his mug. "He told me what happened with JJ."

"Oh."

"I'm really sorry sweetheart. I know breakups are hard. Especially at your age." My dad put his hand onto mine, looking at my neck quickly.

I realized I hadn't cried yet. I hadn't had a moment where I broke down. But I felt like I shouldn't. I shouldn't cry. Why waist tears on someone who clearly has no regard for my feelings.

Unfortunately, the worst part about all of this is that I know JJ. He'd never do that in his right mind, yet, I cant forgive him. He still did what he did. Nothing can take that back.

"It's ok, I'll be okay." I lied. I didn't know if I would be okay, and he didn't either. I could tell.

"I've got to go to work. Call me if you need anything Ok?" He asked me to move around, moving my hair out of my face. I smiled and nodded.

He kissed my forehead, just like JJ always did, and left.
___________________

"Can we talk about something else? I don't want to think about JJ right now." I groaned to Kie and Sarah, wiping down tables at The Swing, the new restaurant we all worked at.

We got these jobs a few weeks ago, and our closing shift was soon over.

"We're just trying to make sure your okay T," Kiara frowned, looking at my neck quickly. I looked up at her, to tell her I wasn't and she knew that. Kie looked away.

"What about you Kiara, who was that boy you said that you liked?" Sarah asked. Kiaras face dropped.

"Oh right, um well," She began. I smiled knowing who it was. "It's Pope."

"Oh my gosh!" Sarah jumped up and ran to kie hugging her. "This is so great! We can all go on dates and- oh my gosh this is so exciting!" She smiled.

Then she remembered.
"Oh god- Talia I'm so," She walked to me.

"It's ok, really it's fine. I'm really happy for you Kie." I smiled. She nodded her head as a thank you. As unhappy as I was with my life, I was happy for her.

"Ya know, word got around about you two last night," I smirked. Her face dropped again.

"How did you- was it John B?" She threw her towel down.