25

TALIA'S POV

TALIA'S POV

ONE WEEK LATER

I quickly whipped down tables at The Swing, getting ready for new people to sit at. Dinner time is almost always the busiest hour. Kiara ran the cash register, writing down orders, while Sarah was a waitress.

I held my tray of dirty dishes and damp rags tightly as I maneuvered through the people waiting in line. My shift ended soon, and I genuinely couldn't wait to go home. My boss soon walked up to me handing me a check, my pay for the week. I thanked him and went to the back to get ready to leave. I hung up my apron and put my name tag onto the board, leaving it to be used tomorrow.

"Kiara, what time are you done?" I asked untying my hair and fixing it to the way I wanted.

"I think ten minutes. Why?" She asked walking around the dining area while I followed her like a lost puppy. "I'll wait for you then. I think Sarah is clocking in now, so I'll go get her and we'll be in the car. I think the boys wanna go night swimming tonight." She smiled and nodded so I went out to my car.

I waited only a few minutes before the girls came out and we left. Car rides with them always felt shorter than they were. There's always something to talk about, and time goes by so fast. Without even realizing it, we pulled into the Chateau. The boys were sitting outside throwing sticks and leaves into a small fire near the hammock. I smiled to myself when I saw JJ look at me.

"So boy's what's the plan?" Sarah asked immediately breaking me from my thoughts. The three of them looked to each other with smirks on their faces.

"We're going to the beach," Pope spoke in a voice that made it seem mysterious.

"You say that like we don't live on an island." I laughed a little. I sat down next to JJ and the girls sat with the boys.

"Ha Ha. Funny." JB said sarcastically. He shuffled some dirt in my direction. "We are gonna sleep at the beach," He smiled looking at our reactions. "We packed the car with pillows and blankets and we are gonna sleep there in honor of summer ending next week." He smiled.

"In honor?" Kiara laughed. He smiled again proudly. I played with my hands in my lap, realizing how little time we had left. "I think it's a great idea." JJ grabbed my twiddling hands, bringing one to his lap.

"Did you pack food?" Sarah asked. John B's gaze was stuck on JJ and my hands so Pope answered. "Yeah, we got a bunch of fast food and snacks and stuff. It's already," He paused to look at his watch, "11:30. We should go soon. The sun rises at 7," he stood.

"Pope that's in 8 hours." I chuckled, standing with him and the rest of the group. JJ had let go of my hand by now. I don't know why he did that, but I didn't mind. I miss him, but I want to make sure that's not the only thing I focus on tonight. I wanna finish the summer off right. No drama.
_________________