34. History is not what it seems

Start from the beginning

Dashiel shushed Aziel as his eyes wandered around the hallway. There were only a few students outside of class and none of them had listened in to their conversation.

It was actually interesting seeing Dashiell like this. Usually, he was very loud and didn't care much as to who he pissed off or annoyed. However, whenever it involved Aziel's identity, he was always the most cautious person there was. It was his way of caring and worrying over his friend's overall safety.

Going back to the topic at hand, Asher frowned. He felt his mind stir with unanswered questions. "It just doesn't make sense. Zatheusyl only has 500 years of recorded history. The people from the past already possessed advanced knowledge and that knowledge is still being used to this day. Was a part of history just not recorded?"

"It's plausible. However, seeing it through the lens of what I've been taught as the Child of Divine, the Goddess gave the people the instruments, knowledge, and created the foundation of Zatheusyl itself. That was when Zatheusyl was founded and they began the documentation of what we now know," replied Aziel as he racked his head trying to remember what he was taught long ago.

Hearing this, Asher still wasn't convinced. "However, there is no documentation of how they unified the people and founded Zatheusyl. There was no documentation of the process they went through. Why wouldn't they document something so important? It was as if it already existed in the first place and the people were already in possession of knowledge without the interference of the Goddess."

Aziel said nothing against Asher's claims as he also found it slightly weird. He had never questioned it before because he was the Child of Divine and had felt the presence of the Goddess within him, so he believed it to be true.

As Asher and Aziel discussed what they knew, Dashiel did everything in his power to not be involved in the conversation. Seeing a tall and muscular teenager try to make himself appear smaller was a funny sight to behold.

The white-haired teenager scoffed as he grabbed Dashiel by his sleeve. "Can't you help me quench our hedgehog's curiosity? I'm the one doing all the work!"

"Oh, would you look at that! It's lunchtime!" Dashiel made sure to make himself scarce as soon as Aziel tried involving him in the conversation, making him sigh in frustration. He glanced back at Asher and beckoned him by tilting his head.

"Zyair has always been interested in these things so you can ask him all about it. Let's just follow the doof before we lose him."

"As if we'll ever lose him in a crowd," replied Asher as they laughed together and walked to the cafeteria.

Thankfully, things have died down since the first day of being here. Asher could eat and laugh with his friends freely without being constantly watched by others. If anything, it was Zacharia who was the center of attention nowadays.

Staghaven High wasn't a school that accepted just anyone. They accepted only those who prove themselves worthy of being here. This included noble children from high society to commoners. You had to keep proving yourself worthy of being here by scoring good grades on written and practical exams. Despite that, children with parents from high social standing were exempted from this, Asher being a prime example of this. Most students still try their best to achieve the best grades as it will bring them many benefits in the future.

One of the many known facts about this school was that they never accepted anyone who came after the admission period had ended. Poor you if you came just a minute too late. You still wouldn't be allowed the opportunity to enter the school and everybody knew this. Zacharia was the first case of a student being allowed to attend Staghaven High after the admission period had ended. Moreover, the school had already started giving classes to its students. It's evident that people would be curious as to what made Zacharia so special. Unfortunately for them, their curiosity wouldn't be easily satisfied seeing as he distanced himself from his peers since day one.