13. Training Ground (3)

Pithos frantically ran down the corridor in search of the silver-eyed butler. He ran past a couple of maids that screeched when he passed under their legs. Others yelled that the sleek, black cat that Asher had adopted had gone crazy and that they must eliminate it to defend their masters.

Look at these useless pieces of trash! How could they speak of exterminating him?! The sole pillar of hope Asher, his little human, has left!

The black cat hissed at the group of workers that obstructed his path. It was a small group consisting of two young maids, a window cleaner, and a mature and frail-looking butler. They stared fiercely at Pithos with eyes brimming with caution. The two maids stood in front of the male workers as they utilized their powers to conjure two small spheres of water. They intended to drown the 'harmless' cat to prevent any damage to the estate.

Pithos scoffed at the maids' weakness. Working together, the two of them could barely manage to hold the water sphere together. Despite wanting to exert his body after countless days of him lounging around with Asher, he had no time for such trivial matters. Nonetheless, he didn't wish to reveal his god-like panther body. He decided to manipulate his own powers against the meek workers.

Pithos' ruby eyes turned completely black as the area surrounding him turned dark. Any and every worker that was close by during this time had their vision completely darkened. Three of the workers that were obstructing the way lost sight of the black cat as he blended well with the current darkness. Only one of them was able to catch onto the cat's trick.

Whenever someone used magic, their aura gets multiplied. Only experienced mages could see the auras others exude. Because of this, the mature butler quickly caught sight of Pithos' bright and overbearing aura.

The butler chocked on his own saliva. How could this cat hold such power?! While his companions were frantically searching for something to hold on to, the mature butler's eyes widened as he observes how, surrounding the cat, was a red silhouette of a panther. The display of power caused him to get on his knees as sweat ran down his back. Why weren't they informed that the estate accommodated such a supreme being?

Everything then went back to normal. The sun's rays warmed up the mature butler's frozen body as the other workers sighed in relief. However, when they saw the butler on the ground wheezing, relief flew out the window. The young maids immediately assisted the butler up as they admonished the other worker.

"You did nothing to support this poor butler! Shame on you!"

Soft paws hit the floor in a hurried manner as Pithos never stopped rushing to track down Archer. He hoped that the workers spread the news of the incident so that Archer would find him first. Just as he had desperately hoped, his wish was granted.

"Why are you causing so much trouble?"

Finally, the man he had been expecting! Wasting no time, Pithos spoke in a deep voice that didn't match his diminutive stature.

"It's Asher. If you don't help him, he'll die."

Archer's eyes narrowed in suspicion. However, knowing how Pithos had gotten so attached to the young master, he has no choice but to listen.

Sighing, he said, "Fine, but remember that if you make a fool out of me your life will not be spared."

The cat nodded frantically as they both ran back to Asher's room. In comparison to Pithos' pace, Archer was much more relaxed. Naturally, he believed that this was all an orchestrated joke.

Nothing could be detected from the inside of the room. To Archer, it was as if the young master was only silently sleeping.

Archer's eyes twitched in annoyance. "The young master is sleeping. Are you going to interrupt his rest?"