12. Training Ground (2)

After scaring Asher and placing him in danger, Pinpin felt guilty. Hence, he was assisting the little master find his way home.

Pinpin brushed his hand through his honey-brown hair and sighed. He glanced downwards at Asher's messy dark hair in curiosity and wonder. Feeling a gaze on him, Asher tilted his head, and his dark blue eyes met Pinpin's golden ones.

"Is there something you want to say?"

"N-no. Sorry for staring."

Asher nodded silently as he walked slightly behind Pinpin, his slim legs not keeping up with Pinpin's long ones. His mind was muddled with thoughts about his brother's sudden change in character. Maybe Kio was disappointed that the past Asher had nothing to do with magic?

Despite his ignorance towards this world's Asher, he knew that the past Asher had never studied anything related to magic. The body and mind that was left behind had no idea how to conjure or manipulate magic. There was no shred of magical knowledge in this young body.

Pinpin paid no mind to Asher's silence. His hands were behind the base of his head as he whistled rhythmically, quickly gaining the small boy's attention.

Seeing the massive estate up ahead, Pinpin turned and said with a smile, "Well, here we are! Home sweet home!"

"If you ever need me, then yell out 'Pinpin, save me!'"

The man smiled playfully trying to lift Asher's spirits. However, his smile appeared to be a bit forced as he began worrying. "And please don't tell Mister Arthur about what happened today. I really can't lose my job, okay?"

After receiving a nod from Asher, Pinpin's entire body relaxed as a carefree smile graced his expression. He playfully bowed and laughed while bidding his goodbye. Seeing Pinpin's back as he left made a small smile appear on Asher's face. At least he managed to gain an acquaintance, despite the strange circumstances.

Before Asher managed to get inside the estate, Archer was immediately beside him with the same scrutinizing smile he constantly wore. His lustrous silver eyes narrowed dangerously as he stared at Asher's dirty and disheveled appearance.

"No, this won't do. This isn't how the youngest master of the Pierce household should be portrayed as."

Immediately after saying this, Archer took the filthy Asher in his capable arms and escorted him to the smaller one's room. Asher, already knowing what was to become of him, only sighed in discontent as he allowed Archer to do his way with him.

Archer had just arrived at the room, and he was already throwing Asher into a bathtub for him to remove half a day's grime. He quickly yet gently washed Asher from head to toe, not even allowing the small boy to open his mouth to speak or complain.

After the rushed bath, Archer smiled in content as he gazed at the recently cleaned young master. Who would've thought that on the same second that he arrived, the youngest master would appear as a pig that had just taken a mud bath?

Asher pouted as his eyes trailed elsewhere, not allowing himself to stare at the capable yet pushy butler in front of him. Despite knowing Asher was escaping his gaze, Archer smiled coolly and bowed.

"Forgive me, Young Master Asher. I wasn't aware that the man selected to be your caretaker would end up relinquishing his responsibilities in order to go back to his precious garden. Just how irresponsible is your father. Knowing you didn't have someone attending you, he didn't arrange for someone else to take care of you..."

Archer sighed and shook his head while Asher frowned. His father knew he was without a butler or maid? Why didn't he send anyone to aid him?

"Because of this, my duties have been neglected, so I have to go and quickly finish them before I accompany you anywhere. Young Master, I ask of you to stay here for the time of being while I quickly finish my duties."