EIGHTEEN. one hug, a millon feelings

THIRD PERSON'S POV

THIRD PERSON'S POV.

The Rojas and Molina clan led the way up to the Molina's residence in a human chain, while they all sang the chorus of Stand Tall. The atmosphere was a cheerful one, something Flora needed after knowing that the boys had crossed over and were gone. Ray decided to invite Flora, Maria, and Alberto over for a celebratory dinner. Something that the three adults planned without the girls' acknowledgment. Flora and Julie shared a laugh when they all stopped singing. The girls, along with Carlos, Maria and Alberto, got up to the porch.

"You two and your phantoms were unbelievable tonight," Ray said.

"You guys even managed to make Alberto cry," Maria voiced, earning chuckles from both girls.

"I was not crying," Alberto defended himself. However, when everyone gave him incredulous looks, he sighed. "Okay, I was crying."

"You know, I'd like to thank them for bringing music back into your life," Ray told his daughter.

"I already did," Julie said. "But I didn't thank you, Papi."

She handed her dahlia to her brother and hugged her dad. Flora watched the scene with a fond smile, feeling the hands of both her grandparents on her shoulder and holding them.

"Hey, Julie, Flora, uh, can I talk to you guys for a second?" Carlos called the girls, prompting them to face him.

"Yeah," Julie answered. "Yeah, uhm, just give us a minute."

"Okay, I'll wait up," Carlos responded before sending an exaggerated wink to them. "Don't ghost me."

Flora's eyes went wide, glancing to Julie who shared the same shocked look as she did. Did... Did Carlos know? Flora really thought he gave up, but it looked like he knew something.

"Can you make sure he—?" Ray began as he glanced to Maria while Carlos went in the house.

"Doesn't break anything?" Maria finished his sentence and Ray nodded. "On it."

"I'll get a head start on dinner," Alberto said before he and Maria went inside.

Julie turned to her dad and kissed his cheek. "Just a minute."

Flora and Julie locked onto each other's arms and descended the pathway to the studio. They walked in comfortable silence, both of them okay with it as it was much needed after all the emotions from tonight. They pushed opened the gate and made their way down to the studio doors. Flora and Julie released their arms from each other's and with a shaky breath, they pulled each of the doors open. A room once filled with three bright ghosts and their radiant echos was now dark and quiet, holding a somber atmosphere. As they stepped into the room, Flora let out a sigh while glancing around the area. So many memories of creating songs, creating melodies, creating magic with those three boys were now only memories.