TEN. this band is back

THIRD PERSON'S POV

THIRD PERSON'S POV.

Music always had a way of making things right and Flora found this true at this moment. The whole band (bar Luke) was back in the studio and were better than ever. Julie and the Phantoms were back! And they were currently rehearsing their song, Finally Free. The song they'd be performing later tonight. Flora enjoyed the happy and cheerful atmosphere as each band member played their respective instruments while she and Julie sang the first verse. She stood beside Julie's keyboard and her eyes naturally made contact with Reggie's bright ones. The fuzzy and unfamiliar feeling Flora felt didn't bother her, because this just felt right.

Just as Flora and Julie were about to sing at the start of the pre-chorus, Luke appeared on the chair in a flash. His eyes widened in surprise when he saw Julie and Flora, causing him to stand up.

"Whoa, Julie, Flora," Luke spoke in a shocked tone.

"You're late," Flora pointed out. "You're lucky we're in a good mood."

"Grab a guitar. We got work to do," Julie instructed him with a smile.

Still shocked at why the girls were back, Luke looked toward the guys for an answer. When they both shrugged, he grabbed his guitar and stepped forward to the girls. It was then when Flora noticed that his eyes weren't as red anymore and his face was dry. She had to give him credit; he was good at pretending to be okay.

"What made you guys come back?" Luke asked.

"We realized how important music is to all of us," Julie answered. "And we've lost so much already. We can't lose this too."

"We'll fight from time to time but we're a band now," Flora piped in. "We stick together no matter what."

"Thanks," Luke said with a nod. "All right, bosses. Where we at?"

Julie chuckled softly. "Oh, and by the way, happy birthday."

"Yeah, happy birthday, Luke," Flora added with a smile.

Luke stared at them, shocked that they knew it was his birthday today, considering that he never mentioned it to them. Nonetheless, he sent them a grateful smile and went to his respective position.

"Let's go from the pre-chorus."

Alex hit his drum sticks together and counted the band in. "One, two, three, four!"

. . .

After a long afternoon of rehearsals, Flora and Julie made their way back to Julie's house. The girls were both in euphoric moods as they entered the house while singing the chorus of Finally Free. What caused them to stop singing, however, was the twelve-year-old boy in the kitchen, taking photos of random things with his iPad. Julie and Flora glanced at each other, suspicious and curious of Carol's behavior.