ONE. the deep end

THIRD PERSON'S POV

THIRD PERSON'S POV.

Flora Rojas didn't know how she did it. Having to see your ex-girlfriend every day because she was in the same friend group as you was tough enough. But having to see said ex dating your other friend? That was something else. Even though she and Tate Mayers ended on good terms, it still pained Flora a bit to see how quickly she moved on, especially with their mutual friend, Robbie Davis.

Now, you're probably wondering, why didn't she just distance herself from them? Even Flora thought about that herself, but she knew she couldn't. She got attached to people too quickly and sorta became dependent on them. Even though there'd be huge signs in her life indicating that said people would leave, her expectations were set too high and she was too naive to listen to her head. Even with three friends, Flora felt so alone. But this was high school. She knew that. So, she did what she always did every day — kept her head up and blasted depressing music through her ears.

"How screwed are you for the History test?" Came the anxious voice of Peter Kelly, who approached Flora at her locker, causing the girl to pull out her earphones and turn to face the boy.

As far as high school boys go, Peter Kelly was a stereotypical blender. Did and said what was consider cool just because he wanted to fit in. Sometimes, just sometimes, Flora felt like he didn't consider her annoying. But then other times when she saw photos of him, Tate and Robbie hanging out together without her, she thought otherwise.

"So screwed." Flora chuckled softly at the boy before putting her binder in her bag and closing her locker. "I know the basics, but I just don't know it in depth. Stupid Vietnam war."

Peter nodded in agreement just as he caught a figure of someone approaching them and rolled his eyes.

"Oh, great. Here comes Carrie."

Flora let out a groan when she saw the blonde approaching her and Peter with a stack of flyers in her hand. Carrie Wilson was not someone Flora was fond of. Just hearing her name caused her to wish that a bat would knock her out of her misery.

"Fiona, Pan!" Carrie faked her enthusiasm their way as she stood in front of them. Flora and Peter shared a look of annoyance.

"It's Flora and Peter," Flora corrected her.

"Right. Sorry, FiFi," Carrie said, making Flora roll her eyes as she carried on. "Anyways, here are some flyers. My group, Dirty Candy, of course, you already knew that—"

"Knew that before, still don't care now—"

"Is performing at the spirit rally tomorrow," Carrie continued despite Flora's interjection and handed out two flyers to the two. "You'll obviously be there, because what other better things do you two have?"