Comfort and making decisions

You lied on your bed, staring up at the ceiling. The room was dark and the only sounds that could be heard were the birds outside your window.

A knock at the door and a familiar voice broke the silence.
"(Y/N)?"

"Come in!" You called out but didn't bother to get up from the bed.

"Gee why are you lying in the dark..." Rin mumbled as he made his way over to the bed, gently lying down next to you.
"Youre still scared...right?"

"Of course I'm scared you idiot!" You said as tears already formed in your eyes.

"You dont have to be, I will be there with you!" He said and grabbed your hand, intertwining his fingers with yours.

"Do we really have to talk about this again?" You huffed.

"Yes we do!" Rin said and turned his head to stare at you.
You were still looking up at the ceiling that you couldnt even see beacuse it was completely dark in the room.

"(Y/N)?" He asked, sounding a bit frustrated. It truly hurt him to see you like this. Rin didnt want you to be scared and thought that it might help you to talk about it, so your passiveness made him angry and frsutrated.
"(Y/N)? (Y/N) please talk to me! Its scaring me how silent you are?"

"I think Ive already said everything Rin..." you muttered and it came out way colder than you wanted.

Rin took a deep breath an then said.
"It would mean the world to me if you'd just talk about your fears so I know how I can help you."

"But...the thing is...I dont think you can help me..." you mumbled and turned to lie on your side so you were facing Rin.

"I can try, right?" He asked and gently caressed your cheek.

"Please just be there Rin...thats all I need right now." You managed to say as tears rolled down your face.

"Hey~Its ok, Im here!" He whispered and engulfed you in a hug.

Feeling his warm body made you calm down and you just cried onto his chest while he held you tight. In Rins arms you felt safe and like no one in the world could hurt you.

"Rin...?"

"Hmmm?"

"Promise me to never let me go...please."

"I promise!" Rin whispered and then gave you a gentle kiss on the forehead.

The birds outside and the warm Sunrays tickling your nose woke you up.
You slowly opened your eyes, looking around the room and noticing that Rin had fallen asleep next to you. He still held you in his arms, providing comfort and warmth.

You wanted to enjoy the moment and nuzzle your face into his chest, and fall back asleep. But your plans were quickly crushed and you were wide awake after you noticed that you had to meet up with Mephisto and the Grigori.

One last time you looked at Rins peaceful expression and handsome face.
His white hair looked so messy but still had something beautiful to it.
His black shirt was rolled up a bit, revealing his muscular stomach.

"Rin?" You asked but he didn't answer.
At least this gave you the chance to try something.

You smirked and then leaned down in front of Rin, to kiss his exposed stomach.
"(Y/N)?" He mumbled, still half asleep.

"Hey baby...I hate to wake you up, but we have a meeting with our favorite demon, Mephisto!"

Rin grumbled and slightly opened his eyes to look at you.
"I thought Im your favorite demon." He fake pouted.