"so you've been practicing tonight?" harry questioned, seeming relieved.

"every evening since tuesday—just on my own, though. i've been trying to bewitch quaffles to fly at me, but it hasn't been easy and i don't know how much use it'll be."

"why didn't you just ask phoebe for help?" maddy raised an eyebrow, forgetting about her hand.

"i didn't think of that," ron muttered. "fred and george are going to be laughing themselves stupid when i turn up for the tryouts. they haven't stopped taking the mickey out of me ever since i got made a prefect."

"i wish i was going to be there," harry said, rather bitterly, as the trio started walking back to the common room.

"yeah, so do—harry, maddy, what's that on the back of your hand?" ron raised an eyebrow after harry scratched his nose and maddy fixed her robes.

"it's just a scratch—it's nothing-"

"-crookshanks scratched me for some reason-"

ron stopped the two to inspect their hands, and scoffed as he started walking again.

"i thought you said she was giving you lines?"

harry made eye contact with maddy, and she nodded, so the boy told the red-head what's been happening in professor umbridge's office.

in return, ron raised his voice, telling them to inform professor mcgonagall or dumbledore about this, which they immediately disagreed to.

                                            𓆉

"why do i have to be here so late?" maddy complained as snape told you to shoot another hex at him, without her wand or words.

"because, we lost precious time due to your mishap with professor umbridge."

"it wasn't my fault," she mumbled, doing finger guns, which confused snape until a tail had appeared on him. "what?"

he just rolled his eyes and chuckled, asking her to undo the charm.

a noise rang throughout the room, so severus tossed maddy's wand back at her and left the room.

when she arrived back to the gryffindor common room, madison found a disappointed looking hermione sitting on an armchair by the fireplace.

"what's up, buttercup?" the taylor girl slightly tilted her head, only breaking eye contact with her girlfriend when she saw her sister walk in and instantly congratulate ron for getting keeper.

"harry doesn't want to make hats with me, it's stupid, i know-"

"it's not stupid," maddy chuckled, interlacing their hands. "boys are the stupid ones. haven't we been over this?"

"yes," hermione mumbled.

"i'll make some hats with you after i finish some homework. how does that sound?"

"in the library?" hermione's face lit up.

"of course that part makes you happy."

"has harry told you about what he felt during detention?"

"no, and you know i'm nosey, so elaborate."

                                             𓆉

"wake up!"

whack.

"phoebe taylor!"

"she really likes using full names, huh?"

"and you guys really like waking me up in the most irritating ways, huh?"

"morning," hermione innocently smiled.

"hey! that's no fair! she's doing that innocent thing that you can't get mad at because you're so in love with her!"

"it's not my fault," the granger girl smirked, exiting their dormitory and heading down to the common room to wait for maddy to get ready, leaving the brunette twins surprised.

"do you have training today?"

"yeah, since i'm behind. now, hurry up and get ready."

"is everyone in the great hall already?" maddy raised an eyebrow and phoebe hummed in response.

"you're bloody lazy."

"did you—merlin—she isn't so innocent after all!"

"we're not related."

word count- 1040
date written- october 25, 2020
short chapter, i know. i didn't know what to write at the end so yeahhh