chapter 9-Our New Home

Shakthi's pov

We opened it together and stepped into our new home where our lives would take a new turn!

I was purely awestruck at the sight! The entire house was well furnished and it looked posh and classy.

It was breathtakingly beautiful.

The hall was enormous with a home theatre fixed to the wall. There was a sizable couch in the middle and my favorite bean bags were also there. I loved them.

The wall was pure white; with patches of dark wood works on the wall that made it look elegant.

The curtains that hid the sunlight corresponded perfectly with dark wood works.

I took tentative steps to explore the house. The dining area was attached to a stylish modular kitchen. It was precisely how I always wanted my own kitchen to be.

When I strode further into the house, I found the master bedroom. It was again white and a King sized bed was placed in the middle of the massive room. The bed frame looked royally elegant.

Then I realized there were no switchboards at all, everything was to be operated by a mere touch on a screen that instructs you about which was what!

The washroom was like some five star hotel's washroom.

You've got to be kidding me! My room used to be smaller than the size of this washroom.

The bedroom had a little balcony attached to it. It had a nice loveseat in a corner. I was not going to think of using that. Never! I thought to myself.

I turned left from the master bedroom; it was when I discovered that our house was a duplex! It couldn't have been more exciting!!

The steps were also made dark wood, the same as that of the works on the wall.

As I walked up the stairs, I found that there were two rooms opposite to each other. Both were similar looking. Both together made the size of the master bedroom and every room had a dressing table. How considerate of my so called husband!

I came out of the bedroom and walked along the aisle. There were few steps again leading to a sliding glass door. I slid it open.

Was this for real???

It was our own private terrace.

It had a study room attached to it.

This terrace gave me such a beautiful view of the entire Chennai.

The exhilarating evening air calmed my strained nerves and senses.

Though I liked the house, there was something missing which I wasn't able to put my finger on.

Wouldn't the house be lifeless with just the two of us in this gigantic house? I was totally not used to this solitude. I was the exact opposite. I love being surrounded by people. In fact, my friends call me a nonstop nonsense. I used to talk so much. But now, I was stuck alone with him in such a big house!

Suddenly, my phone went off, bringing me to reality

It was from an unknown number. Who could it be?

"Hey, where are you?" I heard deep and a husky male voice.

Audacity of that man.

"Who are you?" I retorted

"We just got married yesterday!"

"Gautham?" How could I not recognize him? But wait, how did he get my number??

"How did you get my number?" I couldn't control the curiosity that was rising in me.

"First tell me where are you and we can have a real conversation instead of talking over the phone" he ordered

"uff! I am at the terrace. I will come down" I replied, hanging up.

I had a few minutes of peace and this man could not tolerate it. He disturbs me all the time.

As I walked down the stairs, I was saving his number on my phone.

Just then, I was about to slip!

Oh wait! No one caught me from getting myself hurt. I caught hold of the railing and steadied myself.

I don't really do good with steps. You can't actually blame the stairs. It had always been my legs that betrays me.

I walked down to the hall and found him relaxing on the couch.

"There you are!" he turned his head to look at me when he heard my footsteps.

"What is it??Why did you call me?" I sulked

"I know you can't cook today"

I wasn't planning on that either. That would be the last thing I wanted to do. But, my stomach won't agree to it, it needs food!!

"Okay??" I urged him to continue

"Shall we go out for dinner?"

"I am just too tired to get dressed and go out for food. Why don't you order some pizzas?" I suggested

"Sounds good" he agreed.

I took my luggage and marched to the master bedroom

"And yea, make sure to order from pizza doze" I shouted from the room.

I heard a distant chuckle.

I loved their pizzas. I can die for them.

I had my shower, letting my body and mind relax. It was a much needed shower, I would say.

I got out of the shower and changed into my t-shirt and pajama. I let my hair stay in a messy bun as I walked out of the room.

As I advanced to the hall, the smell of pizzas filled my nostrils.

"That was quiet quick" I shrieked and started opening the carton.

"Pizza doze was near our apartment. So I went and got it myself"

I was appalled and completely still. Why does he care so much? Was I misunderstanding him?

No, Shakthi! Have your head cleared already! He was faking it.

Without pondering much on it, I started to munch on the pizzas while I turned the television on.

In a few minutes, he joined me after his shower...his hair was dripping wet. He was just in his vest and shorts. His taught muscles were now naked for my sight. He looked mouthwateringly delicious! More than my pizza!

Even he didn't realize that I was checking him out, so that was a relief.

I quickly averted my gaze from his well-built torso to the pizza in my hand, before he could realize. We ate our pizzas in silence

"I want a separate room" suddenly, the words echoed through the silent room

Heyaa!!finally!! I did update this!

And yea!who wants a seperate room??is it gautham or shakthi?
Keep guessing and plz do let me know ur opinion !