chapter 3-The Marriage Arrangement

Shakthi's POV

How do you think a girl was supposed to feel, knowing that her marriage with a stranger was in two weeks after both families met?

Pathetic, right?! That was how I felt!

This was like practically marrying a stranger. I just knew that his name was Gautham and that he was an Auditor working at the same firm as mine. Two weeks were all I had! Just two weeks! The entire two weeks were to be spent in shopping and the wedding preparation. How would I get to know him in those two weeks?? Why go until two weeks, the bride and the groom are not allowed to even talk once the engagement was over. So all I had were a few days.

 I had nothing else to do except to take everything as it comes. I have my entire life to know him.

But, was he fine with this? I was honestly surprised.

He never told me anything about this when we met at the office and that was weird.

I had been postponing my age of marriage as much as possible with reasons like studies and work, but then I couldn't find any valid reason to postpone it further or maybe my parents would have thought that it was better to get me married before I changed my decision, again.

My parents! I laughed mentally.

I would never ever go back on my decisions.They knew it very well.

I was just curious to know the reason for this hurried and rushed up wedding.

I walked into my room sighing, clearly knowing that any reason I give will go to deaf ears. I stepped into the bathroom to have a nice and long shower and all the memories of today replayed in my head.

After my shower, I slipped into my t-shirt and pajamas and I decided to check out his Facebook profile. I could at least get to know a little about him. Thanks to these social networks!

I grabbed my laptop and turned it on.

I logged into my account and opened my friends list. I knew that it wouldn't be a tough job to

find him on Facebook because he was working in the same office as mine and many of my friends might be friends with him. My guess was right. One of my friends was friends with him. Impatiently, I clicked on his profile.

I was waiting for the page to load and his profile was displayed.

His display picture showed a side profile of his face. It was clicked with a night sky as a background with a full focus on his face, showing his highly defined nose, sexy and perfect jaws that made me drool. Of course, there were numerous likes for this sexy man.

I slowly started to read the comments. Just then, one comment by his friend caught my attention.

'Hope you didn't miss Anitha, buddy!' What?? Who was this Anitha? Was he talking about the Anitha at my office? Could it be her??

Was Gautham in love with her or something? Was he being forced into this marriage?

Shakthi! Stop being judgemental! Stop it!

When I wanted to have a second look at the comment, I searched for it. The comment wasn't there. It was deleted!

Gautham had deleted it! There was something fishy!

Just then, my train of thoughts was interrupted by mom's loud voice.

"Shakthi??"

I closed my laptop quickly and went to check out as to what she wanted.