57. She came back for me

Start from the beginning

****

I entered the room and my eyes met with a weak yet so beautiful face of my wife. An Iv tube connected to her left hand while a NG tube was connected to her nose. I took a slow steps to her and kissed on her forehead while caressing her cheek lovingly with my thumb and looked at her with love.

I set in the chair beside her bed and carefully took her IV connected hand in mine. I hold her henna filled hand firmly and kissed at the back of her palm while closing my eyes feeling her soft skin against my lips. I looked at her mehndi, finding my name in it. I know every time she applied mehndi in her hand, she written my name it and like the feeling when I find my name it.

I traced my thumb on mu name which was written beautifully between her palm. Every time her mehndi has this darkest maroon colour in her hand. It makes her hand more beautiful and when my name curved on her beautiful hands with henna it took my heart. My love for her is increase day by day and I almost loose my life when I saw her in so much pain. I want to be in her place instead of her. A lone tear escaped from my eyes when I think about the incident where she was begging me to kill her by holding my legs because she can't bear the pain. It was really a death for me.

I wiped the tear at the back of my hand and took a calm breath when I saw her face.

She is fine now.

She didn't leave me.

She chose me between me and our baby.

........................................................................

"Mr. Kapoor.."

"You can call me, Siddharth, doctor." I said firmly to Dr. Malik.

It already 3.00 p.m of next day and Preeti didn't get her consciousness back. Mom-Dad and others came in few minutes ago to check on Preeti but she didn't get her consciousness back. Doctor came to her room and after checking her he wants to talk to me personally. So right now I was sitting in his cabin while Mom-Dad and others are with Preeti in her room.

"Siddharth..critical hours are over and Preeti is completely out of danger now. But as you know she had given a poison more than six month and last dose was very high so she is still very weak." He said looking at me and I nodded my head as yes. It still give a horrible chill to spin and I felt more anger when I remember, Someone given a poison and I didn't even know that.

"Dr. Can I ask you something?" I asked to doctor.

"Yes Please.."

"Can Preeti get pregnant again?" I asked finally. This question was buzzing inside my head and eating me from inside. Preeti will be break if she come to know that she can't be get pregnant again.

Dr. Malik smiled and said, "Yes..She can. She didn't lose her fertility during surgery. But she can pregnant again after a year or two to avoid the complications during pregnancy."

Doctor leaned to the table while putting his both hands on the table and said with serious and concerned, "Siddharth, Preeti lost her baby recently, she might not take this news well and went to depression. I will arranged the therapist for her but I need you to be with her and tell this news to her carefully. This is the very crucial time for both of you. You have to take a good care for her and support her when she breakdown because of the baby loss. She needs you Siddharth."

"I know doctor." I will take a good care of her. She always my first priority, nothing is important in my life more than her.

******

I walked out from doctor's cabin after talking to him and walked towards Preeti's room when I saw Keerti was running towards me.

"Bhayi...Bhabhi get her consciousness back. She is asking for you." Keerti had a smile on her lips and tears in her eyes when she informed me about Preeti.