22. Keerti's hatred

Preeti's point of view

It's been two days Keerti come back home. She was looking more than happy before. Her eyes glowed in happiness and her smile reached to her eyes. I am happy to see her happy but I felt hurt when she talked happily with everyone except me. She didn't even hug me and told me about her trip when she came back from home. Whenever I tried to talk to her she ignored me or walked out from there. She looked at me with hatred.

Had I done something wrong to hurt her? If yes then I am ready to apologize her. I can't see hatred in her eyes for me. Before that she used to treat me like her elder sister and tell her every secrets which she didn't tell anyone and I also respect that at least she share things with me but I don't know why she is hiding things from me about her and James. Why she lied that she was in Europe when I saw her at grocery store and why didn't she come home at Siddharth's birthday, if she is in the same city.

Today she came home early from office and I decided to talk to her. I will apologize to her if I hurt her unintentionally but I can't let her ignore me.

Mom and I was in kitchen preparing for the dinner. Mom was cooking all keerti's favorite because she came home after two week. So according to mom she is going to feed keerti, her favorite food for whole week.

"Preeti beta...Please taste this and tell me how the taste is." Mom asked me while feeding me curry with spoon from her hand.

Mom was looking at me with her curious eyes and waiting for my response on her dish.

"Mmmm..it's delicious Mom." I said. Mom's lips curled into a huge smile looking at my reaction.

"I hope keerti like it." Mom said while striding the curry.

"She will.." I said while continuing my work.

I was making a coffee and evening snacks for her. Since she returned from her office trip she didn't let me do her any work even Nancy gave her evening snacks in her room. I trued many time but she always comes with the excuses and didn't let me touch her things. But today I decided I will talk to her.

I put the sandwich and coffee in a tray and walked towards her room.

Knock..knock

I knocked her bedroom door and wait for Keerti's response but when she didn't give any response I twisted the door knob and opened the door slowly. She was talking to someone on phone with a huge grin on her face and rolling a strand of her hair around her forefinger. She was blushing and chucking while talking.

"I'll call you later." Her grin wiped off from her face when her eyes fell on me and she cut the call.

"I'll bring snacks for you." I said with a smile. I sat on the bed in front of her and put the tray between us.

She just hummed and nodded her head slightly.

"How was your office trip?" I asked while giving her a coffee.

"It was fine." She answered blankly while taking the coffee from my hand and put it back on the tray.

She took the tray from bed and put it on the bedside table. I looked at her every move and felt little bit hurt when she didn't touch the food which I bring for her.

"Keerti..I want to talk to you about something." I said while putting my hand above hers.

"Bhabhi I am tired. We will talk later and please take food tray also I'm not hungry. " She said while removing her hand from mine and got up from the bed.

I also got up from the bed and said, "Keerti I know you are tired. But I will take only few minutes."

"What...?" She said curtly while folding her both hands on her chest.