18. Confessing my love

Keerti's point of view

I was sitting on the bar stool at the bar counter, holding a glass of lemonade and looking at it blankley, thinking about my life.

My professional life is going great. Serra gave me a new project and she likes the designs which I represent but I don't know about me personal life. It's like a roller coaster to me. The guy I love is also in love with me but the fear of my brother doesn't let me to confessed my love to him.

It's become hard to ignore James when we both lives in a same city and he is a best friend of Siddharth bhayi and visit him often. I was having fun in my office annual function but when he come with Serra her date my blood boiled with jealousy and the first time in my life I wanted to rip someone's throat. But it's not Serra's fault, james also seemed more comfy with her like they both are dating each other and it added the oil in my jealousy. Since then I was ignoring him. He tried to talk to me but I gave him attitude.

"Thinking about me." My body stiffened hearing and heart beating fast hearing his voice so closed to my ear.

I turned to him and he set near me at the next bar stool with a smirk on his face.

"One martini Please.." He ordered a drink of himself.

"I don't have enough time to think about you and what are you doing here ? Fo back to Serra she must be waiting for you." I said sarcastically while sipping  my lemonade.

"Are you still angry on me for that? I said I am sorry. She asked me to be her fate for a function and I just can't say No to her." He said while looking at me apologetically.

"That's your fucking problem. You can't say No to anyone. If she asked you to sleep with her you'll do that without asking any question." I said in a loud angry tone looking at him furiously.

"...and why does that affect you because last time I checked you don't love me and I am still pretty single. So you don't tell me what should I do." He said while greeted his teeth and look at me with same rage as mine.

Realization hit me hard as soon as words left from his mouth. It was like someone threw a ice bucket on my face. I slowly turned my head from him and look in front of me.

He is right. I don't have any right on him. He can date anyone or sleep with them and I am no one to stop him to do that. For how long he will wait for me. He waited enough, I can't hold him back forever. He wants to move on and I should let him.

"I am sorry..I didn't mean that." He apologized.

"Remember when I was in my final year of my high school and you were in London for your studies and didn't came home on Thanksgiving holiday." I said looking at the same place blankly.

I continue again when he hummed.

"That year school arranged a a dance party. A boy asked me to be his date for dance party and when we returned from the dance party he drop me at my home but he kissed me forcefully and bhayi saw that. He beated him until he lost his consciousness." I turned my head to look at him and he is clutching his glass tightly and his jaw is clenched. But when he looked at me his eyes turned into soft.

"I'll do the same." He said putting his hand on mine.

"No, you don't get it. Bhayi didn't know that he kissed me forcefully.  Bhayi thought that we both were dating and he dared kiss me at our home. That's why I broke up with you. I can't see you getting hurt. I can't see my brother to turn into a monster because of me." Tears welled up in my eyes and before they could streamed out of my eyes I got up and walked out from there.

"Keerti..."

"Keerti stop.."

I heard him calling me but I didn't stop. Tears finally streamed out from my eyes and I opened the back door of club and walked outside in the open sky.There are some people at the back side of the club, some are drinking and smoking and few couples are making out at the corner.