7. Attention seeker

Start from the beginning

"Seulgi's wedding is soon."

Jungkook frowned in confusion and Joohyun continued, "It's next weekend, Saturday."

"So?"

The model had already lied to convince Seulgi that Jungkook wanted to be in her wedding. So she couldn't find it hard lie to Jungkook too, about what she had in mind to say.

In fact, lying to Jungkook was easier.  

She smiled. "So, Seulgi asked me to invite you."

"Huh?" Jungkook asked, surprised. "I'm invited too?"

"Yes."

Jungkook never really thought Seulgi would invite him to her wedding too, definitely for the fact he broke it up with her precious best friend Jimin. So he drank and wondered for long seconds with his eyebrow raised until he realized something. 

Oh, Jimin.

Right! Jimin was going to be definitely there.

"And so that means we are going together." Joohyun added.

And so that meant Jungkook was going to see Jimin.

Jungkook's feelings raced. He inhaled and exhaled softly, eyelashes fluttering. He had no idea how to feel about this now. If he should be happy to be invited so he could see Jimin again, or hesitant since he doubted Jimin was wishing to see him.

He thought Jimin hated him after all he knew. So the thought Jimin will be disgusted and hurt to look at him, made Jungkook's eyes dull.

Yet, seeing Jimin was Jungkook's one and only wish. He couldn't help the little weak smile that formed on his lips to think he'd be able do, even if from distance. 

His lips pressed against the cup, Jungkook drank his coffee with his gaze focusing on nothing in particular as he thought about that all at once in only few seconds until his lips left the cup and a long sigh escaped them. "I'll think about it."

If he agreed, It'll be the very first time for Jungkook to see Jimin after their break up.  So that made him feel uneasy.

Yes. Because he couldn't get a guess what would Jimin's reaction be.

Jungkook knew, even Joohyun did, that Jungkook won't have the gut to face Jimin, but despite everything, he wanted to see him because he missed him, he longed for him.

Jimin won't be happy to see him with his girlfriend. Jimin would actually be so hurt but Jungkook wanted just a chance to maybe apologize to him and explain himself even if he didn't really know how to do such thing after hurting him so bad like he did. He didn't know if he was able to fix a thing, though. But even if he doubted his reasons were sensible, he wanted to try, for Jimin he wanted to do. Because as much as Jimin didn't want to lose him, Jungkook didn't either.

Jungkook thought and completely forgot about Joohyun that was watching him, studying him, not really realizing how he managed look so distracted like that while he was staring at the coffee inside the cup between his hands.

"What's wrong, Jungkook?"

"Oh, nothing.. just confused why would Seulgi invite me." Jungkook shrugged and finally looked at her.

"Oh Honey, She insisted. " She smiled at him,"But i meant why you're so quiet? Are you.. okay? Your eyes are red also."

He hummed. "Is it obvious?" Sighed and placed the cup down after he finished half of the coffee. "Yes I was-"

Crying over Jimin while working.

"... working. I'm tired."

"Yea."Joohyun smiled faintly. "Anyway, Ask me how was the show." She giggled.