Chap 14: Ivory Piano

"Hello sweetheart," he started, "I was waiting for your call."

I didn't know if I should have felt relieved or regretful at that moment. I bit my lip absentmindedly while thinking of what to say.

"Hello? Pacifica?" Dipper asked, breaking my thoughts.

"Where are you right now?" I asked quickly.

"My, my, Southeast. Do you miss me that much? I saw you just last night." Ah. There's that annoying Dipper.

"Pfft, no. I'm trying to get away from your sister," I laughed rolling my eyes.

"You prefer me over Mabel? I'm flattered." 

"You know what? I think that I just changed my mind. I prefer Mabel. Bye," and I hung up the phone. I sighed out in frustration and pinch the bridge of my nose. Why did I think that calling him was a good idea?

"You really prefer Mabel over me? I'm hurt, mon amour.

I whipped my head around as so fast that my ponytail slapped my cheek. Standing there in all his glory was the 'amazing' Dipper Gleeful, with his infamous smirk plastered across his perfectly chiseled face.

"How did you know I was here?" I asked, rubbing my sore cheek. 

"Mabel texted me saying that she was here a few minutes ago. It seemed odd, since she doesn't usually come to such..." he paused for a moment to think of a word, "common places. Soon after, you called me, and I put two-and-two together."

Huh, so he actually is smarter than he lets on.  

"Well, thanks for coming, but I should go back inside." I stuck my thumb towards the direction of the Greasy Diner. Dipper rolled his gorgeously turquoise eyes and grabbed my wrist.

"Nah," was all he said while pulling me from the diner, which was soon out of sight as he walked into the forest. Had he teleported or was it there the whole time? Such things will always be a mystery. 

"OI! Gleeful! What are you doing?" I screamed as he dragged me through the forest, twigs hitting the sides of my face as I struggled to follow.

"Shush darling. As much as I would love to hear your voice whining at me, I need to concentrate for a second," he said in a way that was borderline sarcastic.

I tried to yell at him a bit more, but with no response. 

Eventually, we reached a clearing within the forest. It was absolutely beautiful. The trees formed a perfect circle, the grass had flowers sprouting out everywhere. I could recognize a few of them. Daisies, hyacinths, lilies, orchids, irises and many others that I couldn't recognize. 

But the most breathtaking thing was the ivory white grand piano in the middle of the clearing. The sunlight shone against the clear, glistening keys and reflected the flowers across the sides.

I stared in shock and awe at the place as Dipper stood in front of me, hands behind his back. 

"Do you like it?" He smiled at me. Like, actually smiled. Without that stupid playboy smirk of his. It was honestly so sweet. I had to resist the temptation to pull out my phone and take a million pictures of him.

"Yeah..." I smiled back at him, "but why's this here?" 

"You said that you wanted to hear me play sometime. I'm playing for you." He then offered a blue rose from behind his back and handed it to me. I took it in my hands and admired it. 

"You really didn't have to do this, you know?" I laughed quietly as he walked over to the the piano and sat down on the stool.

"I know, but I wanted to," was all he said before proceeding to lift his fingers onto the keys and playing. (a/n: the song is the YouTube video above. The song is River Flows in You)

It was beautiful. The keys were played gently, yet echoed throughout the peaceful silence of the clearing. Each note was filled with emotions, sadness, happiness, and serenity. Yet Dipper's face remained completely calm as he swayed along with the keys.

I smiled and closed my eyes, taking in this beautiful music. Listening without a single thought in my head. It was so peaceful.

Once the song finally ended, Dipper got up from the piano stool and walked over to me. 

"I haven't played in a while. How was it?" he asked. I broke into a grin.

"It was amazing! You played it so well!" 

"I'm glad you liked it. It took quite some time to set this up. I almost had to turn to my sister for help." He laughed and dramatically shuddered in disgust. 

His laughter was contagious. I found myself smiling even harder and eventually laughing along with him. 

He walked me back home, and bent down to kiss my hand before walking back down the dirt road that lead away from the Mystery Shack. 

I fell asleep smiling that night.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

I was awoken in the morning with a pillow repeatedly smacking me in the face. At first I thought that I had forgotten to feed Hannah, but remembered that chickens couldn't harass someone with a pillow. 

"I thought you said that you hated Dipper Gleeful!" Gideon yelled when he realized that I had woken up. He was positively fuming, which was quite the hilarious sight to see since he looked like a giant marshmallow. 

"Gideon, what are you talking about? Why would my hatred for him ever change?" I rubbed my eyes, cringing when the sun hit my eyes as I sat up.

"Because he kissed your hand! And you smiled at him!" 

Oh crap. My mind immediately tried to think of some sort of excuse, coming up with pretty much nothing since I had just woken up less than a minute ago. 

"I was... deceiving... the... enemy?" I mumbled, getting quieter and quieter with each word. 

"Sure you were Paz. Is that why you act like an anime girl from a romance anime whenever I mention him? Or was that to deceive the enemy too?" he said in a monotone voice, staring dead into my eyes.

"I didn't act like an anime girl..." I mumbled under my breath.

"Ok, I'll pretend that I believe you. Now hurry up and get ready, or you'll have to eat Dad's pancakes. I think he's started to prepare the ingredients," he shuddered in fear, which was all the warning that I got before he opened up the bedroom window and scaled the side of the Mystery Shack. The things we do to escape Uncle Bud's pancakes.

I sigh and quickly got dressed before I got called down to eat something that everyone tries so hard to escape from. 

a/n: I tried to get this chapter done by the end of 2020, but I kind of... forgot about it? So here is the first chapter of 2021, happy new year!

Thank you @CharaIsGood for being my beta and helping me edit!