Chapter 1: Long Time, No See

A/N - Please Read :)

Hi all! Welcome to the first chapter of Total Eclipse of the Heart! If you're interested, read the description, if you haven't already.

First things first; I do not own any of the Supernatural characters, plotlines, or anything else involving the Supernatural franchise. I only own my OC and my own storylines involving her.

I've got to be honest with you; I'm pretty nervous about posting this first chapter. I was originally writing this book for myself, but I've written a few chapters, and I'm really liking how it's turning out. Granted, that could just be me, and you all could think it's a pile of crap, but hey, might as well just go for it, right?

I haven't posted anything on this account before, however I did used to post on an old account about different fandoms. That being said, I haven't posted anything in years, so this is a big step for me. I don't really know why I stopped, but ever since, I've been finding it hard to find the courage to hit that "publish" button on anything I've written. Even though I haven't posted for a very long time, I never really stopped writing. I'd like to think I've improved over the years, but who knows?

Depending on how it is received, I may or may not upload another chapter. Who knows; it may happen that no one ever reads this and this book just sits here on this website forever, but just in case someone is actually reading this, please let me know what you think in the comments. If you like it, please tell me, and if you don't, also please tell me, just please be kind about it! I can take criticism, but only if it is constructive.

If I find that people are genuinely liking the book, then I will continue, but if not, then that's okay, too! I just won't post any chapters, and I will continue to write the book for myself; no harm done!

To anyone who is still reading this long rant, I hope you enjoy the first chapter of Total Eclipse of the Heart!

And... action!

~~~

Ring, ring. Ring, ring.

Sam's cell phone having interrupted their conversation, Sam pulled his phone out of his pocket and checked the caller ID.

"Who is it?" Dean asked.

Sam stared down at his phone, a surprised look on his face.

"It's one of my friends from college," he answered, a small smirk starting to make an appearance on his expression. "Hold on, I'm gonna take this."

Sam hit the answer button and held up his phone to his ear.

"Janet?" he answered.

"Hey, Sam," he heard from the other side of the line. "Long time, no see."

"Yeah, really," he laughed. "How've you been?"

"I've been good. I just started working as a psychiatric aide at a hospital here in Arizona," Janet said.

"Oh, that's right, you guys all graduated a couple of months ago. Geez, where did the time go?" Sam asked, "And that's amazing, Janet, I'm so happy for you."

"Thanks," she said. "Hey, listen, are you still road-tripping with your brother?"

"Yeah, why?"

"You wouldn't happen to be in or near Connecticut, would you?" she asked.

"Actually, yeah," Sam said. "I'm in New York, why?"

"Could you do me a huge favor? Could you take a drive over to New Haven and check on Leah for me? I haven't heard from her since graduation and I'm starting to get worried. I would go myself, but I've only had this job for a couple of weeks now; I can't take time off already to travel all the way across the country," Janet asked him.