Expressing

"Ariel, wake up sleepy head." Matt said as he nudged my arm.
I sat up rubbing eyes, I felt confused.
"What time is it?" I asked.
"Umm." Matt pulled his phone off the charged followed with a yawn.
"5:49." Matt whispered rubbing his eyes.
"Matthew, Really?" I questioned holding back a smile.
"What? I can't wake you up a tad bit early to spend time with you?" Matthew implied.
I couldn't help but let out a huge smile.
"Why do even want to?" I didn't understand why he would after everything we have been through.
Matt layed in front of me, pulling the threads out of the sheets.
"You really want to know?" He asked.
I nodded "Well, yeah." I said with great hope. Matt took in a deep breath.
"Because each night, I lay awake thinking about everything that we have been though. All of the arguments we had, the times of spending time together and more importantly our future. I didn't realize what I was doing to you, until someone who I least expected told me what I was doing wrong. I never understood how truly lucky I am to have a girl like you, even though you are hurting beyond compare, I will forever want to stand by yourside." Matt spit that out as if had them written down and those were his last words.
I wasn't even aware on how to respond to that, I was so beyond tired of getting hurt. Maybe getting hurt was something That I needed to get use to.
"I need to have time to think, I am going to get in the shower." I said, climbing off of the bed.
"Okay, enjoy." Matt said as he covered himself up.
I could feel him watching my every move, it gave me butterflies. Butterflies in which I haven't felt in a long time.