Chapter 52: Clove

Weeks have passed and almost nothing as happened, worth mentioning at least. Johanna has since moved back into her room, because she felt awkward in our room.

"Clove, we should get up" Cato whispers tiredly. I nod and roll over onto him. I kiss his cheek sweetly and he turns his head so my lips are on his. He runs his hand through my hair causing me to shiver. I get up off of his strong chest and go to wash up a little.

"Aren't we supposed to be in a meeting right now?" I ask brushing my tangled hair. He shrugs and I start to hurry us. We walk out of our room and down the stairs to Commander's.

"Hello, you guys are a little late but we haven't really started anything important" he says officially and I see his room actually has a meeting table in the middle instead of the small living room. I sit next to Cato and grab his hand sneakily under the table. 

"Okay so we were thinking about attacking today when they least expect it. They were planning on attacking Katniss area in about a week and ours in two days" he says to the whole group but I'm the only one who nods "I was think sending one squad as a distraction while the other actually attacked from the center. Soldier Hadley, since they still think you're the Commadant Lairne, you will go in the center. You can pick a couple people who will have 'been captured' and you will distract them with a mini-uprising in their encampment" He says and Cato looks down at me.

"I'll take Clove, Laylah and Johanna, if she wants" Cato says unsure. We all nod and I look around to try and find this Laylah person but I can't. 

"Also we have contacted 13 and they're sending a lot more soldiers for the ultimate battle" the Commander and we all split to get ready.

"Clove, this is Laylah, we're related on my dad's side. She's the only one who ran to 13" Cato says and I shake the blonde girl's hand. She's taller than me, no surprise, with bright blue eyes like Cato's and wavy red hair. We walk together to our room, Layla included, and I grab my gun and load it with ammo. I strap three more cartridges to my belt and Cato frowns.

"If you're going to be captured you can't be armed, so I have to 'confiscate' them" he says and he slips on he peace-keeper out-fit. He pulls on the mask and straps ammo cartridges to his waist. I look at him, unable to recognize him, and shutter slightly.

"Johanna!" I say opening the room door for her and she smiles, slightly disappointed. "Where were you during the meeting?" I ask carefully. She looks like she's either been sleeping or crying. She looks around like our room was remodeled and shrugs.

"Okay" Cato says in a voice very deep compared to his. I look over my shoulder nervously and tense up. It's just Cato, I tell myself. "I'm going to talk like this so they can't recognize my voice. It's still me" he says reassuringly but he sounds so different I can't register his words properly.

"Okay let's go" Laylah says enthusiastically. Cato grabs some rope and ties us up, loosely so we can get out easily and we walk back to Commander's office-room. He just nods and we head into the peace-keeper's camp.

I walk trying to look as scared as possible and the other 2 try to mimic me so it's more realistic. Cato starts to actually drag us by the loose ties on our arms until we get into camp. I hear rustling behind us and smile quickly because I know it's re-enforcements. I quickly change my face in fake fear and we're dragged into camp.

"Look what I got" Cato says in his peace-keepers voice while yanking me in front of him. I look down and feel his hand on my waist.

"That little mutt! Let me at her! She owes me!" I hear a voice that is definitely Corbinus. I shutter quickly and Cato holds my waist tighter, but not forcefully, reassuringly.

"I can't do that. She's my prize I'll take care of her" he says bitterly to Corbinus. I look around, as scared as I can manage and see peace-keepers are gathering around us curiously. 

"Oh, that's the slut that killed Holeu" one of them says bitterly and Johanna smirks evilly, like she's proud. Cato yanks her arm, as if to say calm down and she does.

"How did you find them? They ran off after killing off some of our people" one of them says bitterly. Laylah stands there awkwardly, she must not have known or 'history' with this camp over the weeks.

"This one" he says gesturing to me and I frown "I took her from your soldier, because I needed her services" he says bitterly. I look at him in mock fear and force a shutter through my body. "These one's tried to attack me, me of all people" he says confidently. Johanna and Laylah both look up at him embarrassed and Laylah looks around slowly.

"Well!? Are you going to share?" one of them asks bitterly and I shutter quickly. I am not going through that ever again, I would rather die. I look up at Cato with, very real, fear and he shakes his head.

"I won't share this one" he says facing down at me and I smirk trying to seem evil. "These ones will be punished but I have a person specifically designated" he says without further explanation  They all nod, mostly unhappy, but still being respectful.

"We need you in command, you can leave the girls with us" a tall brunette says, with a smirk. I look around, now actually scared and Cato nods. He hands us over willingly and I try to undo the knots.

"Touch them and I will personally skewer you from your mouth to you feet" Cato says still in his peace-keeper voice but with real emotion. I smirk to myself and feel and hand going up my back. Play cool, I tell myself, lie.

"Hey, you heard the man. Touch me and he'll skewer you. You'll have to wait for another slut to come along" I say and hold in a shutter. I feel guilty saying that but I know these men will be dead by morning. I pace back and forth and try to pull away from the rope that binds my hands.

"She's nervous" the short man with green eyes says, lustfully. I shutter at his voice, I know him but from where? I look away and try to stay still. 

Cato comes walking out but he's not dressed as a peace-keeper. His mask is pulled off and his chest armor removed, leaving just a black tank-top. Two actual peace-keepers are guiding him violently and he struggling as much as he can. I look at him nervously and he seems more disappointed than nervous, or even scared. I look around nervously and try to figure out something to help. I knee the man behind me the best I can and grab his gun. I hold it to his head, hoping he's a high enough rank that he'll matter. All guns point to me, and I mean all. I look at Johanna and Laylah nervously and Johanna creeps behind one of the men sneakily.

She elbows the man in the neck and he falls without a sound. I look at her and she holds the gun to another peace-keeper's head. She shoots and he falls. Half of the men, around 25, face her and about 20 face me. I smile at her and we shoot at everything we can. We shoot until the men have all fallen, some still struggling to get up, I grab a few guns from the dead men and throw one to Laylah and one for Cato, who's bleeding from his leg. He elbows the 2 men holding him and shoots them in the gut, for effect.

"We should get with the group" he says commanding. We all nod and walk quickly to the hotel.

"I wouldn't go a step further" I hear an evil voice yell.  I look back and see Corbinus with a wound in his arm and a gun in his hand smirking evilly at us.