Chapter 37: Cato

I walk past Clove on my way to my personal evaluation and get even more exited. I walk in with the instructor, Dirx. He smiles at me and I grab a gun before he wheels away the rest of them.

"Don't go outside of the city limits" he says gesturing to the red lines around the model Capitol. I nod and he continues "We will be using information from your Games and your files made by the Capitol to break you. Don't let that happen" he says walking up a flight a stairs and away.

I walk around with the gun positioned to fire and see a couple of holographic peace-keepers running for me. I shoot all of them down and they fall to the ground. I smirk and look to see how much ammo I have left, not much. I look around for ammo and take some off of the "dead" holographic peace-keepers.

I walk around slowly and hear a blood curdling scream that could only come from Clove. I run around the model Capitol block but can't find her. I hear her screaming outside of the boundary and debate in my head if I should trust the screams. It kills me to stay there because I really don't know.

"Cato, don't go for her" I hear an evil voice say "she'll be just fine with us. She'll have so much fun" the voice adds, by the way the man is talking I can tell he's smirking. I start to shake with anger and my flexed muscles start to hurt.

I hear foot steps behind me and about 10 model peace-keepers run up to me with their model guns pointed at my head. I frown and pull up my gun.

"Don't shoot" they all scream with innocent women's voices. I look at them confused and decide I have to shoot them. I shoot each model man in the chest and they fall back. I smile once it's over and Dirx comes in clapping proudly.

"It's not up to me but I have a very strong feeling you're golden" I smirk and walk out, without him telling me to. I walk to our room, since I sort of returned my room to share one with Clove. I open the door and see her sleeping with Dagger on her legs. I lay next to her and Dagger growls at me, she mostly does it now as a game, I can tell. I smile at her and she thumps her tail on Clove's legs. I smile as Clove groans, now awake.

"Go back to sleep. I'll join you in a second" I say kissing her forehead causing her to blush light red. I smile and walk to the bathroom to wash off my stress sweat. I slip my clothes back on and slip into bed with Clove. I hold her close to me and sigh into her neck. She shivers against me causing a smile to rise on my face.

"What was your evaluation about?" I ask casually. She looks at me and frowns.

"The Capitol and stuff" she says lacking emotions. I nod, not daring to go further, She looks at me expectantly "And you?" she asks smiley.

"You were kidnapped, I think, and they were daring me to go to get you, past the boundary" I say genuinely confused by the experience. She nods and snuggles further into me. I smile feeling her warmth and lay on her, halfway at least. We fall asleep together and I don't dream of anything, sadly.