Chapter 9: Cato

Must find Clove. She needs me and I need her. All I can think about or talk about is her. I don't care that she left me, I know she's just confused.

"Come on Beasty" the guard says bitterly. They electro-cuff me and lead me to my daily rehab. They lead me to a closer testing room and I feel like I haven't been doing anything. The lead me to a small room and seat me in a metal chair. They connect me to the monitor and inject me with some blue serum.

They show me a video of Clove at the first Reaping and I start to freak out. I need to see her. I know she's tough and strong but in this place anyone's walls can be knocked down and weakened. I try to release the restraints but with no luck.

"What are you doing to her?" I ask angrily. They all smile evilly and in unison. I scowl knowing they won't tell me ad just watch the video to see Clove. She looks stunning, her auburn hair, her dark green eyes. I watch as she volunteers for Alodia and they show me briefly, volunteering for her brother Martiall.

"You want to see your precious Clove?" Snow asks as he removes the wires from my head and turns off the monitor. I nod enthusiastically and he jabs me in the neck. I fall back into my seat and try to feel for whatever he jabbed me with. I can't find anything but I immediately get heavy eyed,

I fall asleep and wake up somewhere I feel like I should know. I walk around but nothing I see helps me to remember.

"Cato, Clove's here to see you" I hear Snow say with actual emotion. I smile at him and he nods. He has 2 guards drag Clove in and I smile at her. She smiles back once she sees me and lunges to me as I run freely to her. They release her cuffs and we hug. I kiss her smooth, soft lips. She smiles in our kiss and grips to me like a child.

"I love you, my little Clover" I say sweetly, she smiles and we decide to sit at a table and we just enjoy each other. I hold her hands in mine and we share sweet silence. 

"You have 4 minutes, then Clove has to see her patrons" I look back at the guard and frown. He smirks evilly and Cloves facial expression sags to a sad frown. I feel so badly for her. I come over to her side and wrap my arms around her and she cuddles into my chest.

"I don't want to go back" she says sadly and on the verge of tears. I hug her tighter and she smiles up at me. "They're hurting me and I miss you all the time" I look into her eyes and she kisses my forehead.

"Is there anything I can do to help?" I ask concerned. She smiles but shakes her head. I watch her start to cry and I know she's hurting a lot. She smiles at me and I laugh at her. "What are you smiling at?" I ask carefully.

"You're adorable when you're mad" she smiles and I frown. I hug her tightly as she squeals.

"I am not adorable!" I say pretending to be viscous "I'm tough and hot" she laughs and me and I frown at her jokingly. My smile returns to my face and we kiss passionately. I start to play with her hair and a guard walks over to take her back.

They cuff her and then prod her in the back. I lunge at one of them and he tries to get his baton out but it's too late. I punch him repeatedly until his face is bleeding and he's unconscious. I smirk down at him but Clove screams in pain and I turn around. A guard is standing over her with the baton it looks like she's already been hit.

"Get away from her!" I yell and tackle the guard. He hits my side with the baton as we fall but I can't give up now. I grab the baton from his hands but he punches my side. I try to dodge the pain and beat him with the baton.

One eye is black and his lips are bleeding. I smile down full of pity and get up. I run to Clove and she sits there cuffed and beaten. I try to get the cuffs off but I need to find the key pad. I look in the pockets of both of the guards and finally find it. I turn off the cuffs and hug Clove. 

Six guards come marching in step to greet us. Four hold me down and hold a cloth of raspberry smelling fumes over my mouth. I see them leading Clove away and try as hard as I can to get to her. I fall asleep and wake back in my test cell. 

"Hope you had fun with Clove" Snow says bitterly. My heart aches to see her and I feel empty. They're hurting her, using her, and abusing her.

"You guys are hurting Clove" I say bitterly, barely able to contain my rage. He smiles evilly and nods.

"Yes, we're making her stronger" he says bored "When she's at her weakest, she's at her strongest." I frown and try to fight to get at him "She's a great girl. When it comes to her patrons at least".

"Why did you do this to her?" I ask bitterly as he leaves. Once he's probably far away the guards cuff me and lead me to my cell. I sit in my barren cell away from anyone and think all about Clove.