Chapter 71: Cato

They took my Clove. I won't be able to see her for so long, a week without her will be unbearable. There's almost absolute chaos in District 13, and probably all around Panem. Gale has taken up leader of 13, since he was Coin's right-hand man, before she died.

Why would Katniss even kill Coin? I get that she was being a little rude and controlling, well I probably would have hurt her. Maybe Katniss heard something about Coin that she felt threatened by? I'll have to ask when they get out, that's the worst part though. I have to stay in Snow's old mansion until they're 'healed' but I will never be able to find either of them.

"Cato, I'm really sorry for you" Peeta says as we walk down to the old Training Center, all of the stuff is still here but it looks even more advanced. I walk straight to the knives. "For both of us, but you loved Clove unconditionally, I just started loving Katniss" he says punching the wall, we're both taking this horribly but he's being more physical about it.

"I might as well try throwing, maybe Clove will be proud" I say boredly. 'Don't show emotions' I say to myself 'that won't help'. I sigh and throw at the now shut down targets. I manage some pretty good shots but I stop midway and lean onto the wall. While Peeta is getting physically angry, I'm continuously getting more emotionally angry. I could have done something, Clove killed the right person but since she decided to help Katniss, she got captured.

"You know why Katniss wanted to kill Coin?" I ask awkwardly. He shrugs and I sigh, maybe no-one will know. 

"Prim is dead" Peeta says sadly, as if she was related to him. I look at him slightly shocked and he nods. "Gale and Coin bombed her as a form of power control, he's going to run off to District 2 and Coin is, well dead" he says getting angrier. I look at him, trying to be sympathetic and he smiles weakly.

"Since I live in 2, and when he runs off, I can escort you to kill Gale?" I suggest lightly, as if this isn't a plan to exterminate Katniss' cousin. He nods thoughtfully and smiles. "Sounds like a plan?" I ask and he nods firmly. I laugh lightly, which feels nice but I end quickly.

"Clove is to be released very soon" I hear an automated voice on the speakers say. "Katniss is to stay  little longer, she is quite injured so we will take care of her" I look at Peeta nervously.

"Injured? Is it me or did that sound evil" I ask carefully. He nods and we rush to where Gale might be, Snow's office. Of course, he's there. I don't really know him but I already hate him, he looks too smug on Snow's throne of an office-chair.

"You need to let them go" I say as we walk in, uninvited or even allowed. He looks up from his tablet and smirks. Can I just kill him now? He'll run away anyways, why not just now?

"Oh, that won't work you see" Gale says evilly. Peeta clenches his fists and I try to hold myself back. "Katniss killed my first above me, thank her, now I'm in charge. But to keep all of this under-wraps I have to treat her like an inferior. Johanna will be my second in command and we will lead Panem to freedom" he says with a smirk. From the corner of my eyes I see Johanna walk up in a very skimpy, light brown dress. She looks like a district prostitute and I immediately feel defensive. I definitely I don't like her, in any way, but no one should be wearing that little clothing. And especially be with Gale.

"What are you doing to my Clove?" I ask angrily. He smiles, slightly more innocently and  opens his mouth.

"She's just with Katniss, a sort of companion. They won't be hurt" she says with a warning look, but to Gale. It's as if she wants to shut him up. He nods, almost bitterly.

"Can we see them at least? Even if just briefly" Peeta asks, more like demands. We both really need to see our 'wives' which sounds so weird. I'm still getting used to being married. I don't think Peeta is used to be married either.

"You may see them for five minutes" he says looking at Johanna carefully, as if almost afraid, "Johanna could you please take them?" he asks her sweetly, which is new. She nods sadly and we start walking down the halls of Snow's mansion.