✨ Is this a voice effect?

It was a shitty rainy day, I love the rain and all but I hate how gloomy and muddy it gets. I was home for the weekend from college. My parents had gone to go have dinner with their friends, I hate being alone.
After me and my boyfriend broke up, I've been really lonely. My friends all moved away and I have no siblings to keep me company.
After hours of doing nothing I had a idea pop in my head. And as always I do before I think but here I was sitting in my childhood bedroom downloading a dating app on my phone.

I always said I wasent going to be 'one of those girls' but fuck it.
I filled out my all my information and started swiping left and right.

"Dude with a mullet, hard pass" I swiped left
"Dude holding a fish, pass" I swiped left
"A girl with beautiful blue eyes, ehh I'm kinda looking for a guy at the moment" I swiped left.

After doing this for almost a hour, I swiped left on some frat boy, and there he was.
This man had semi long black hair, almost like a anime hair cut, hot okay. He was wearing chains with a black shirt. His eyes were a beautiful shade of green and I instantly felt my heart speed up.
"Adam..."
I swiped right.

After a couple hours a mindlessly watching TikToks, my phone beeped with a notification, from the dating app. I opened the app faster than I should have.
Adam and I matched, my heart started to pick up pace again.
"Hey, how are you?" He texted me.
"I'm good, how are you?" I responded.
"I've been better.." he sent back.
"I'm sorry to hear that :( do you want to talk to a stranger about it?" I responded with a little laugh.
"Honestly, if your down to listen I'm down to talk." Adam wrote back.
" Okay what's going on?" I texted back
"Well I don't really like to text tbh, could we talk over the phone maybe?" He said.
" Yeah forsure here's my number, ***-****"
Right after I sent that my phone lit up with a new call from a unknown number.

I answered.
Y/n-"Hello?"
Adam- "Hey y/n"
Y/n- "woah are you like using a voice.." he cut me off.
Adam- "Nooo this is my real voice"
Y/n- "Okay damn, so what's going on?"

He talked to be about his medical problems, his family problems, and he talked about how lonely he was. I responded with some of my issues and before I know it we were talking for well over an hour and it had gotten dark.
"Hey Adam, it's getting late, I'm going to get ready for bed, could we talk tomorrow?"
"Of course y/n, have a good night" he said
"You too Adam" with that I hung up the phone with a smile on my face and went to bed.