Be Still With Me

(This is finally over no one talk to for 2-7 business days.)

I hear slow, lazy rustling coming from within the apartment and a soft groan of annoyance. Oh boy, if he's in a bad mood this won't go over well.

Footsteps shuffle towards the toward and it's flung open by a lethargic-looking Nagito. His gaze lands on me and his eyes brighten immediately.

"Hajime, what a pleasant surprise! You look so handsome! Please come in!" He gushes, holding the door open enough that I could squeeze by easily into his actual living quarters. He shuts the door behind us, grinning like an idiot. He seems really happy to have me over, goodness...

He leads me over to the couch and sits me down. I rest the flower bouquet on my lap while he frantically offers me beverages and snacks. I decline them all; simply imploring he just sits down and listens to what I have to say.

He sits down across from me on his crimson-colored armchair, crossing one long, thin leg over the other. His eyes travel down to the flowers in my lap and he furrows his brows slightly, probably confused.

"So, what do I owe the pleasure of a visit from Hajime? Are you just stopping by before visiting someone?" He asks curiously, leaning forward. I cock my head slightly. I thought I was the dense one.

"No, I'm out and about only to see you. These are for you, actually." I respond, holding the bouquet out to them. He accepts them into his startled hands with a look of surprise.

"Me? Really? Thank you, Hajime, I'll treasure these but why?" He wonders.

I take a deep breath. This is it, I guess.

"Well..." I begin, "do you know what red chrysanthemums represent, Nagito? I thought you might, since you knew about the blue irises."

He shakes his head, eager expression on his face staying the same. "No, not those ones." He answers simply. I press my lips together.

"Red chrysanthemums are a symbol of love," I explain, "love and hope. They remind me of you."

He stares down at the flowers, confused. I can practically see the gears turning in his brain but he's not quite there yet.

"I don't understand," He mutters, "why are you giving them to me?"

I slowly reach out and take his hand, staring straight into his beautiful grey-green eyes. He looks bewildered, squeezing my hand slightly. "Hajime, you're scaring me." He admits. I take a deep breath.

"I'm sorry if I'm upsetting you," I begin, "but I promise nothing is wrong. The reason I came down here is because I needed to tell you something important. And...it's your choice whether to believe me or not, I wouldn't blame you if you didn't, but...I'm fairly certain I'm in love with you, Nagito Komaeda."

There I said it. I truly admitted it out loud, both to myself and to Nagito. It's all out on the table and there's no going back now. What's he going to say, what's he going to think?! Is he even going to believe me or is he going to think this is some sort of scam to be successful in my assignment?

I nervously glance at Nagito, trying to gauge his reaction. His grip on my hand loosens. I can see him slowly processing the information. The expression on his face changes from shock to confusion to suspicion and then finally acceptance.

"...Is that so?" He mumbles finally. I let out a deep breath.

"So, what do you think?" I ask anxiously. He stares at his feet for a moment before finally re-meeting my gaze.